Help (send ringtones via text?)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by jbird, Nov 14, 2009.

1. MzAtchie

MzAtchie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Adding Myxer ringtones via text

I've had my Droid for 3 days and thought I'd add some ringtones from my own mp3's.
    So I went to Myxer as I have done with my previous phone (EnV).
    Upload my tunes, edit and send to my phone. Easy.
    Well, turned out to be a frustrating afternoon. The text was delivered without a problem, but I couldn't find a way to save the tune.
    Here is what worked for me:
    Open the text with the tune and do a long tap on the side of the big "play" arrow. Options will pop up.
    Save as ringtone.
    Super easy.
    You'll find your newly added ringtone at the bottom of the regular ringtone list.
    :)

2. frandrescherfan

frandrescherfan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On my Voyager I used to be able to send the ringtone as an attachment from my email or use phonezoo..On the Droid phonezoo comes up as a link and i have to download directly from the website and gmail doesn't work...So, now I have no idea how to send a ringtone to someone else ....

I thought I could do this:
    I clicked attachmail app and then found the ringtone..chose gmail....and then put in the phone number @vtext.com..though that won't work...

Someone help!

3. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can get handcent for free from the market, its a sms, mms ap. go into the settings and increase the attachment size to the max. it will send the smaller ones then but any large ones youre just out of luck. you can email them but if you want to recieve them you cant save the attachment from gmail.

4. windstrings

windstrings Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent sends up to 1mb now and if you want to download the app called "attachemail" you browse to your ringtone or song with that app and it uses your gmail account to make it happen.

I've sent up to 18mb files with that.

5. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can you use that ap to save larger files that people email to you? thats been my problem.

6. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes..... that is a problem.. I too have not found a solution for receiving decent sized files.

Going by memory.... seems if I logged onto my gmail " with my browser" instead of using the gmail app I was able to download much bigger files.

But I haven't tried that in a while, so don't quote me... but I do remember something to that effect.

7. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm il try that next time. i can view or listen to the attachment or whatever, but it never will let me save it.

8. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes that has to do with whether you have an app onboard that can play such a file thats properly logged in your associations.

If you can view it, that half the battle.. usually you can save it too unless its really big, then you need to go the other route.

9. mtmom

mtmom New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easiest way I have found

The easiest way I found to send my ringtones from my droid to other phones is to use the free app astro file manager. It super easy you just long press on the ringtone or notification you want to send select gmail from the menu that pops up, enter the phone number you want to send to ie 5555555555@vzwpix.com and send it. When they receive they just save it as a ringtone. Works great for sending to my sons LG Voyager!

10. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the irritating things about using proprietary locked ringtones from your phone verses your downloaded private ones you have saved to a sound directly is that when you change your phone, you lose your ringtone.

I get used to a certain sounds for certain contacts and its a pain to be forced to change and not "bring over" the ringtones from the older phone that came stock with the phone.

I wish folks that are rooted would grab their ringtones from their motodroid "for instance" and make them available for download to users that have upgraded to the HTC incredible.

thats merely one example.

Until we can figure out how to access locked ringtones and send them we have this issue.

11. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0
    Humm..... I still have my old droid but since its not activated... maybe I can save them to my sd card and then move them to my HTC.. ... cool!

On my HTC Inc the location of the hidden ringtones you can access with astro is system\media\audio\"here are 4 directores...alarms, notifications, ringtones, and ui"

longpress on one and send to gmail it to your phone you want the sound on and once its in your download directory, you can take it and put it in your media folder so your phone will see it as a ringtone.

The easiest way to do this part is to install "ringdroid".. it will make a folder on your sd card called "media"... when you look in that subdirectories, you will see where ringtones go... once there, your phone will see them.

btw.. if your having trouble saving large files from your gmail to your sd card... the app "blackmoon attachsave" works great... by default, it sends things go your download directory... you can move from there to where you want with astro.

#47 windstrings, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  12. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the problem isnt with sending them. the problem is receiving/saving them to your droid. my fried can send one from his droid to mine and i can listen to it, i just cant do anything else with it. thats when its sent from emails and text aps both. the bluetooth file transfer thing worked but they have to be small.

Search tags for this page

app to send ringtones on droid

how do i send ringtones from my android to another phone

how do i send ringtones from my droid to another phone

how do i send ringtones to another phone from my android
how do u send music through text
how to send a ringtone from an android to another phone
how to send a ringtone to another phone via text
how to send ringtones from android
how to send ringtones from droid to another phone
how to send ringtones from my android