Help! SD Card

JenniferO

Reaction score
I just purchased an unlocked Motorola Flipside and the SD card is seen and mounted but I can't transfer anything to it and my phone keeps saying "low system memory" or something like that. I've gone into Applications - Manage Apps and gone through each thing listed to "Move to SD Card" but that options is grayed out for all of them. How do I transfer things to my SD card?! Even Galley "Move to SD Card" was grayed out. Nothing can update because the phone claims there's no more room. Help, please? :(

Also, I am incapable of downloading picture messages. I've had this problem from the very beginning.

Very frustrated and hating smart phones more and more.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

There are multiple questions/possibilities. First. you didn't say how much space your phone says is left on the SD card. secondly you may have a bad or corrupted SD card (test on a PC with a card reader). Thirdly, some apps were not intended to be able to move to SD.

OP
J

JenniferO

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

There are multiple questions/possibilities. First. you didn't say how much space your phone says is left on the SD card. secondly you may have a bad or corrupted SD card (test on a PC with a card reader). Thirdly, some apps were not intended to be able to move to SD.

A little less than the 16GB because of the basic automatic formatting. I did test it in a computer and it functions properly. I now know that some apps aren't able to move to SD. What am I supposed to do about apps that need/want updating and can't because of low phone memory? A lot of these updates are so incredibly small and the phone claims there's no room. Is this a flaw on Motorola's end? I have one app that I installed myself that didn't come with the phone. I uninstalled all others because the phone started getting sluggish. The basic pre-installed Youtube app has never functioned properly. I can only watch videos through the basic browser and sometimes not even then. Still can't download picture messages but can receive and view them through email at least... :/