HELP! SD card blank, cant get to recovery

ReversedInspire

Reaction score
Hello I'm in some pretty deep water right now and want some help. I recently rooted my htc Inspire like a week ago, everything went smoothly but yesterday i decided to go to CM 7.0.3 and restore all my apps with titanium back up which messed up market and everything so i tried to reformat my sd card (after backing it up of course) but now my phone says my sd card is blank and when ever i press format it says thats its being checked and i cant go to recovery :icon_eek: mode for it to detect it i only get a black screen in recovery mode... so any help really is appreciated. Also calls arnt being recognized ( i get voice mails) calls arnt giving me a ringer vibrate or anything and wont allow me to answer them.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you format your sd it erases everything. Its good practice to backup your sd to your pc in case of corruption of data or if you ever want to format it. As for calls try *228 and pick option 1 (verizon)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you said above "after backing it up of course " did you mean you backed up the sd or you did a nandroid backup?

OP
R

ReversedInspire

Reaction score
yeah

i did back it up but i don't have a card reader (using a friends tommorrow) and so i can't put the files back on the sd.

backed up sd

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So can't you just plug the phone in with the sd card and transfer your apps that way without a card reader? Maybe I'm just not understanding..

OP
R

ReversedInspire

Reaction score
No

Thats what i would think but because the phone can't detect the sd the phone wont let me open its storage and change things.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange cause my phone (d2) formats the card itself when I put it in. I'm trying to think. I'll try and look around on the web for some remedy

OP
R

ReversedInspire

Reaction score
Can someone just tell me how to unroot my inspire without an sd, i want to go and get a new sd with my warrenty (it's fried)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sorry but I don't know what to tell you except waiting for another card or the opportunity to get your files back on it so you can restore a backup. To unroot just use z4root or the one click method that's compatible with your phone. The other option is to sbf (if you can get it into Bootloader mode without an sd, which seems possible.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see you had an htc. You don't sbf on htcs. Its a similar process but it's called something else (rur or something). I also forget which one click root method works with htc phones. How did you root it to begin with? Have you researched ways to unroot the Phone?

OP
R

ReversedInspire

Reaction score
I cab get into bootloader and Im just got going to go back to stock what is and how do you use a SBF that you mentioned, also thanks for all the help I really appreciate it, I'm saying this now because I probably will stop posting after you give me a reply so, thanks for the help.
?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Hello I'm in some pretty deep water right now and want some help. I recently rooted my htc Inspire like a week ago, everything went smoothly but yesterday i decided to go to CM 7.0.3 and restore all my apps with titanium back up which messed up market and everything so i tried to reformat my sd card (after backing it up of course) but now my phone says my sd card is blank and when ever i press format it says thats its being checked and i cant go to recovery :icon_eek: mode for it to detect it i only get a black screen in recovery mode... so any help really is appreciated. Also calls arnt being recognized ( i get voice mails) calls arnt giving me a ringer vibrate or anything and wont allow me to answer them.
It sounds like your saying your ringer is not working? Theres a fix but you need a working SD card.
[CONFIRMED] Inspire 4G 'Tinny' Audio Fix - xda-developers

As for the SD card, try removing it and reinserting it. See if that makes any difference.

Can someone just tell me how to unroot my inspire without an sd, i want to go and get a new sd with my warrenty (it's fried)
You might be better just buying an SD card. There cheap. Here an 8GB Class 6 card for less then $16:
Newegg.com - Transcend 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS8GUSDC6
Why do I suggest this? Because you might get a refurbished Inspire when you make the warranty return. A ~15 investment for keeping a brand new phone is well worth it imo.