HELP! Screen won't turn on!

shugknight

Reaction score
I had my phone and I accidentally dropped it probably a foot and the battery case and battery came flying out of the phone. I put it back in, thinking it was ok, but I couldn't turn it on. I plugged it in, heard the "Droid" boot sound, and the LED's are flashing, but the screen is black. I can press the bottom 4 buttons and feel the haptic feedback, but nothing.

Is there anything I can do? I also have the Asurian insurance policy, how does that work?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
She's toast man. Just a bad bounce. I've dropped phones and just said s**t.. but it turned on. I ahve also dropped a phone and said oops, that ain't bad and the phone said "um.. im out... peace"

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I went to check my bill online, and found out I only paid for a few months of insurance (unless it's a 1 time fee) because I couldn't find any Assurian on my bill.

Anyways, I went to Verizon to have them check it out, fearing for the worst. But in fact, I found out that my Droid was still under warranty and they would ship me out a replacement in a couple days.

Fast forward a couple days to today, and I get my droid, only it's not my droid, but a Droid 2!!

:)