Help! Screen is unresponsive!

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by fiestydroid, Oct 17, 2010.

1. fiestydroid

fiestydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So my screen has been flipping between working and not for the past week. When I took it to VZW the first time it stopped messing up and I couldnt get it to do the screen issue so they sent me away.... Today my phone's screen went blank and refused to turn on. I have a new phone on the way but it wont be here till tues since its a weekend. I prefer to not be phoneless until it arrives. The guy I called originally said there is a way to do a hard reset (apparently what will solve my problem) without using the screen. But the guy I worked with at the store couldnt do it with the screen so he sent me home phoneless.

Can SOMEONE please help me by explaining how or what I can do to hard reset my Droid 2 without using the normal power + x method. I have tried that and gotten the icon and the menu a couple times but i cant select the reset option or it goes black before I can do anything. I cant get into the normal screen to do the privacy> data reset option either.

Im worried about rooting or roms as Im sure I will have to send this one in once the new one arrives...

If you can help I REALLY appreciate it :icon_eek:

2. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    #2 cdexsw, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  3. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    its a defect in the phone's proximity sensor. resetting the device of any method will not fix your problem.

the guy you talked did not know what he was yammering about.

#3 cdexsw, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  4. fiestydroid

fiestydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you don't need to get angry I simply didn't know which area would find me help.

does that mean that I can not get it to work?

I have the phone "on" but the screen wont turn on at all. I can swipe to answer but I cant see who is calling or anything.

5. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yes its broke.

its a defect in the phone.

no you cannot fix it.

6. fiestydroid

fiestydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for telling me what was wrong.

Search tags for this page

motorola a955 screen unresponsive

sensor problems on a verizon droid a955