Help Rooting+Unlocking my Nexus

warped1987

Reaction score
Can someone link me to a Video or something that will help me Root and Unlock my VZW Nexus running 4.2 that is completely newb friendly, last time I tried it didn't work no matter what I did and gave up.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Can someone link me to a Video or something that will help me Root and Unlock my VZW Nexus running 4.2 that is completely newb friendly, last time I tried it didn't work no matter what I did and gave up.

Try Wugfresh. Download the software on to your computer and it will take you through it.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
ok, I watched this video, seems pretty easy but the only hing I'm wondering about is backing up my SD card/phone so that when I unlock and root I can get it all back, I don't know how to back everything up.

[video=youtube;UyUvb8Y0th8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUvb8Y0th8[/video]

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Well I figured out how to backup my stuff, but my problem now is Syncing my Google Account in my phone. I keep getting an error when I go to Sync.......

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Well I figured out how to backup my stuff, but my problem now is Syncing my Google Account in my phone. I keep getting an error when I go to Sync.......

What sort of error are you getting?

Outside of backing up, what have you done? Have you unlocked, rooted, or anything else?

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
This is what I get:

ForumRunner_20130428_015734.png

And I haven't done anything but backup my DCIM, downloads, music, movies, photo folders onto my computer like another video told me to do. Also said to do a sync before I do anything but I can't

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Well at the bottom of your screenshot it says "It will be back shortly." Perhaps, it is something on their end (although I kinda doubt that lol).

Perhaps try removing the account and readding it, this sometimes solves some weird problems (usually market issues).

Otherwise, I would figure out what one is the culprit, and then troubleshoot it. Something like [Q] Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly - Page 3 - xda-developers <-- posts 21, 22, and 24 have things I would try if it were calendar or contacts. Browser, there is a link in post 25 with a potential fix to it.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
This is what I get:

View attachment 62472

And I haven't done anything but backup my DCIM, downloads, music, movies, photo folders onto my computer like another video told me to do. Also said to do a sync before I do anything but I can't

I get that sometimes after a full wipe & installing a new rom. But when I select my account it will show it syncing. And after a few minutes it's back to normal & account synced.

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
The contacts method didn't change anything, and I thought for sure it would because I just re-did my phone the other day with everything GO, but it didn;\'t fix the problem. But I narrowed down the sync problem to my Browser data not Syncing. It's the only thing in the list that won't sync, and it doesnt seem important to backup/sync before I root/unlock my phone so I'm just going to skip that.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Feeling the urge to give up again, tried about 3 times and keep getting error messages, or things that idn't work properly. Doesn't help that every time I watch a tutorial video it links me to a ToolKit that is supposed to help, but the Instrunction and Video are for an older version of the Kit and aren't the same exact steps as what they are telling you.

Scimino

Reaction score
What exactly are you having trouble with? I remember when I had my gnex setting up the drivers for adb was the biggest issue. Make sure when u download and install to put it on the root of c:/ drive. Or whatever drive you have windows on. Droidmodderx has a website and very helpful tutorials on what to do. Check out his website. Droidmodderx.com

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
This is what I get:

View attachment 62472

This just happened to me after installing a rom. Only way I could get it to sync was to hit the Menu button & selecting Sync Now. Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
How did you backup your phone? I'm about to give this rooting stuff a shot but I want to make sure I do my research. Ideally I'd like to do it like Titanium does, but I understand that will come AFTER root. Should I just save all data to a hard drive? So after rooting, I can just drag everything back onto the phone?