1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help rooting the droid 2.0.1 firmware

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by crazyives, Jan 10, 2010.

1. crazyives

crazyives New Member

So I followed every tutorial out there (which there all the same). I download the update.zip which contains 2 folders (META-INF and system). I do not extract the folder, change the name to update or update.zip, put in into the droid sdcard not into a folder. now I unmounted the phone and restart it. power plus x get the ? plus traingle and then I hold the plus volume and the pic button then the menu comes up I click the apply sdcard:update.zip button. AND THIS COMES UP

E:Cant't open /cache/recovery/command
    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip
    no such file or directory
    E:signiture verification failed
    Installation aborted

Ive dowload mutilple files to make sure the file was not bad and I'm updated to 2.0.1 firmware\\my phone works fine after this, but its not rooted at least I think its not