HELP...... Resound problems

alifted4x4

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to this site. I have purchased the HTC Rezound. The first one I had the camera would not work so I took it back to Verizon and they swapped it out. The second one I got the ear piece speaker sounded blown so I took it back and verizon swapped it out. Now I am on my third one....... I have had it for three days and yesterday the data stopped working. It will come on and got off. Some times it is in 1x then it will go to no data then to 3g and everyonce in a while it will show some 4g. For most of the time it does not have any internet access. I have pulled the battery, done a resest, and also did the factory reset. Nothing seems to work- Please Help!!!!

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to this site. I have purchased the HTC Resound. The first one I had the camera would not work so I took it back to Verizon and they swapped it out. The second one I got the ear piece speaker sounded blown so I took it back and verizon swapped it out. Now I am on my third one....... I have had it for three days and yesterday the data stopped working. It will come on and got off. Some times it is in 1x then it will go to no data then to 3g and everyonce in a while it will show some 4g. For most of the time it does not have any internet access. I have pulled the battery, done a resest, and also did the factory reset. Nothing seems to work- Please Help!!!!

Thanks

Keep the one you have if that is the only problem you're having and you live in or near a 4G area... I am having similar issues and it seems to be purely a Verizon issue, not an HTC issue... Where I live, I have data connectivity issues but it varies from city to city. 15 minutes from where I live I get a constant solid 4G signal and switching from 4G to 3G is easy. So that's let's me know, from that perspective, its not a handoff issue which leads me to believe it's solely a Verizon issue... I opened a trouble ticket in regards to this and they have yet to identify the complication...

Just my findings...

BTW, I too am on my 3rd phone. First one had big time heat issues and insane battery draining and the second fixed those issues but it has the blown earpiece sound like yours...

I've owned HTC products in the past which leads me to believe this is just a bad batch, especially considering the widespread success of this phone, without issues, from everyone else.

Unfortunately with me, I bought mine through Amazon and since I am now on my third phone, if I have to get it replaced again Amazon won't send me the same phone and already suggested I switch to the Nexus.

Unfortunate...

My Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

OP
A

alifted4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I live in a good 4g area and I also have the Samgung Extender from Verizon to ensure I have perfect service. I had the T-bolt and did not have any problems and now my wife is carrying it with no problems. Right now in my home my phone is on 1x- The T-bolt 4g full service- Daughters LG Rev. 4g full service........:angry:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are using Easy Switch widgets, they aren't playing nice with Gingerbread on my Rezound and Incredible. I've had to go to other widgets to be able to use data on both devices.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

OP
A

alifted4x4

Reaction score
If you are using Easy Switch widgets, they aren't playing nice with Gingerbread on my Rezound and Incredible. I've had to go to other widgets to be able to use data on both devices.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

As of right now The phone is 100% stock. I did a factory reset and have not started doing anything else...........

williamtv3

Reaction score
Get the LTE on/off for Thunderbolt in the market. You will be able to force the phone to use only 4g when you want and only 3g when you want. It works perfectly for the rezound! My rezound was showing the 1X when I had it on the 3G. Now I can toggle between both perfectly from my home screen with the app!

OP
A

alifted4x4

Reaction score
Get the LTE on/off for Thunderbolt in the market. You will be able to force the phone to use only 4g when you want and only 3g when you want. It works perfectly for the rezound! My rezound was showing the 1X when I had it on the 3G. Now I can toggle between both perfectly from my home screen with the app!

I will try that Thanks