[Help Request] LED stuck on Moto Droid

Kin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all I want to say that this rom is really impressive, so much so that I am willing to work with some of the quirks instead of trying one of the many other roms out there. However, I'm having a big issue with my notification LED that is driving me insane. I can use the UD Settings -> User Interface -> LED Notifications mod to correctly assign certain colors to apps, however, no matter what I do, they stay lit instead of blink. I've tried checking/unchecking "Always pulse" and every other setting in the Advanced menu. In addition, I've tried assigning apps to different categories and pretty much anything else I could think of, so I'm at a loss. If anyone has a fix for this, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all I want to say that this rom is really impressive, so much so that I am willing to work with some of the quirks instead of trying one of the many other roms out there. However, I'm having a big issue with my notification LED that is driving me insane. I can use the UD Settings -> User Interface -> LED Notifications mod to correctly assign certain colors to apps, however, no matter what I do, they stay lit instead of blink. I've tried checking/unchecking "Always pulse" and every other setting in the Advanced menu. In addition, I've tried assigning apps to different categories and pretty much anything else I could think of, so I'm at a loss. If anyone has a fix for this, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

In the same menu where you change the color (UD Settings -> User Interface -> LED Notifications -> Miscellaneous, then select the app), you can change the blink rate. Change it to 2 (fast), it will blink fine then.

OP
K

Kin

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate the response, but I've tried this, and changing the blink rate back and forth to no avail. Any other ideas?

I forgot to mention in my OP that I'm running UD2.0

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, I thought that would fix it. It did for me. Did you try changing to fast and rebooting? You know that you need to individually set each app, right?

Sorry, beside this I have no other ideas except reflashing the Rom.

OP
K

Kin

Reaction score
I'm getting desperate so I'll try reflashing. I know it's dumb but the LED notification light is one of my favorite/most useful features. If I don't wipe, then I shouldn't lose the (hours) of customization I've done since it's the same rom, correct?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Correct, but if this doesn't fix it you might need to wipe and re-install the Rom....if it's that important to you.

altimax98

Reaction score
I had that... one of the boxes makes the LED blink every color no matter whats going on. I usually have widget locker & beautiful widgets in my notification bar and they made it blink.. Check the individual program boxes

Anything in the notification bar will make it blink

OP
K

Kin

Reaction score
Actually, the problem is they don't blink, they stay their (correct) solid color. All I really want them to do is blink as it's much more noticeable when glancing at my phone.

Also, reflashing (without wiping) did nothing unfortunately, anyone have any other ideas before I wipe and try again? :(

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine does this too. I've just kinda brushed it off though. It seems the only notification that does it is for my text messages. Missed calls, voicemail, emails, gtalk, and everything else work just fine!

Actually, the problem is they don't blink, they stay their (correct) solid color. All I really want them to do is blink as it's much more noticeable when glancing at my phone.

Also, reflashing (without wiping) did nothing unfortunately, anyone have any other ideas before I wipe and try again? :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
K

Kin

Reaction score
An update for those experiencing the same problem. It seems that clearing the Dalvik cache then rebooting seems to have solved my problem for now, so if your LED is stuck try this!

MoDmAnDaN

Reaction score
I also have this issue, but I decided it really doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

Let's face it, almost every Rom out there, even stock, has small problems. Sure.. I hate the incoming call screen, but I can receive and make calls, even with my Bluetooth. So I'm not gonna worry about it to much.

BTW, the Luna theme fixes the gallery graphic problem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stragabenz

Reaction score
I just started having this issue as well. It was working great in the beginning but now it stays the solid color and doesn't blink???

I tried clearing Davlik cache, fix permissions, rebooting, etc. but no luck the LED will stay solid. My only concern is when my phone is in my pocket while I'm at work it is on silent and if I get a text or a missed call the LED will stay constantly solid and its killing my battery.

The other thing I noticed is the UD settings overrides any application settings so its either I have it completely off or completely on(solid). This is big issue for me because I count on the LEDs while Im at work to see what notifications are on my phone without having to play with my phone. Any advice guys?