Help removing stock apps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TheUnknownElement, Jan 5, 2014.

1. TheUnknownElement

TheUnknownElement New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have rooted my phone, installed Titanium Backup and removed most of the stock apps, but there are a few I can't find in Titanium Backup and can't find the files for the stocks apps I want to remove, I don't even know what files I'm looking for, so please help.

Here are the stock apps I want to remove:
    Google Settings
    Internet (I have Firefox installed]
    Mobile Hotspot (T-Mobile App)
    Google Drive
    Google Play Books

2. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
    Twitter:
    @AECRADIO
    Many of the apps you listed, are found in the system file area, and are also under blur.motorola filenames, be careful, there are files you need to retain or the phone will not work properly.
    Look in this file structure: home/preinstall/MD5. You my see a couple of games listed here, like NFSSHIFT and MADDEN whatever, you can DELETE these here, and they will be found in other areas, if you look carefully.
    System files should NOT be deleted or toyed with.
    You will find the files associated with the MD5 file above it, they also have the games I mentioned located there as well (at least my devices had them), such as Lost +found, and the app file.
    You should really familiarize yourself with the root structure before you begin deleting files.
    Scroll through all the files, sub-files and applications, take note of what is stored in each, as this is the only way to know where specific files are located, what they are attached to, and what they affect if you alter them in any way.
    You should understand that games and applications are scattered around in several files, and sub-files,so deleting one may not delete the entire file, giving you a fragmented file structure, which can cause boot loop errors when you start your phone.
    Titanium Backup allows you to scroll all the files currently on you device, as ell as freeze selected apps you are not using currently.
    You have the overview, backup/restore, and schedules menus to work with. The backup/restore is the app list, tapping on any one will open a secondary menu, allowing you to freeze, wipe data, uninstall and restore an application, and if you restore an app, it will ask if you wish to restore the app, data, or the app and the data. You can also delete an app from this menu as well, but if chosen, you may wish to wipe the data so it does not reside in system memory either.
    Using the MENU button, you can open the Titanium Backup MAIN MENU and select from a host of operations, beginning with the general selections, to the Play Store/Market, then the Storage and then Import/Export and so on.... Just scroll down and make your selection on what you wish to do.
    If you have the free version, I strongly suggest you opt for the paid update, it is worth the tiny fee to get the features that make this app so great.

Aside from all of the above, the best thing you can do, is peruse your phone's file system and get to know it well, before you make changes to it, ANY changes.
    If you accidentally delete a system file, you may 'brick' your device, and restoring it to operation will be very time consuming!
    Not to mention, that once you reflash your phone, you will need to call your carrier and have them restore your service!

3. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
    Twitter:
    @AECRADIO
    If you look in your phone's MENU, you should see Google Play Books, or a derivative thereof, these are apps you CAN delete from that location.
    Some files in the MENU of the hone have been PREINSTALLED, and you need root access to delete them, which is where you are currently.
    Your best move is to use Titanium backup to freeze then delete these applications, wipe the data first, then uninstall the app, so you get rid of ALL instances of the offending app right away, then REBOOT the device to make the action permanent.

Search tags for this page

can i uninstall stock internet

in titanium backup do you wipe data first and then uninstall