1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help removing milestone browser.apk

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by stepp24, Feb 8, 2010.

1. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

I did the most basic root, no busy box or anything, nothing is in the superuser app. i swaped out the original Browser.apk with the multitouch Browser.apk. I am trying to get back to stock. I found the original Browser.apk and swaped back(verified no multitouch) however I couldnt find a libmtwebcore.so file to swap back? after that I deleted superuser.apk file no more su access. followed by loading the OTA 2.0.1 update.zip when i try to apply i get this:
    Verifying current system...
    assert faild: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Browser.apk", "9829a1999fbc52a3fb299afd8be6a24720870c80", "6bca0a3d091bba8f250a11585491f7baafece8d0"
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Please advise. I want to be back to stock 2.0.1 so I can get the 2.1 update I have been doing this for hours trying to read and search for the answers but I am unsure what this means and what this leaves me with for the current state of my phone for recieving OTA updates.
    Thanks
  2. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

unless you changed you otacerts files you should get the update regardless of being rooted.
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes but the OTA might have trouble installing just as the original 2.0.1 update did on his phone...this is because the Browser app is not EXACTLY as it should be like it was default...I've heard that official updates might have trouble if you mess with the default apps prior to the update
  4. HMJB

HMJB New Member

If you don't mind doing a data reset, you can just wipe and restore from a clean 2.01 file
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Well, a data reset will only wipe user data, he would also have to wipe the /system and then restore a nandroid backup of a clean 2.0.1
  6. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

Do I need to re root the phone get a nandroid back up and restore? I didn't use nandroid before sine I was only doing the one thing(mistake, I should havw backed up). My wife has a stock droid can I copy files from that to solve this? Or root her phone back it up then unroot hers and put her back up on mine then unroot?
  7. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

i would re-root yours and get a clean 2.01 nandroid back up and put it on yours. Then you should be good from there.
  8. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

Could you help point me to a clean nandroid back up. Finding these files has been difficult.
  9. HMJB

HMJB New Member

sholes.info

get the app, it'll do it all for you real quick lol jeez I have been telling people to use this app.. lot easier than posting instructions on doing it manually ;-)
  10. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

11. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

I tried them earlier the downloads were broken. I haven't checked them recently
  12. HMJB

HMJB New Member

Its fine now :)
  13. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

thanks for the info so far I will try these and report back tomorrow.
    thanks a lot!
  14. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

Thanks everyone for the help, I ended using the sholes.info SMupdater super easy. I wish the site had been up when I came across it. Ill have to make a donation to help keep it up. After SMupdater did all the work I pushed the 2.0.1 from google on the phone to make sure it was error free and everything works perfect.
    Thanks everyone
Search tags for this page

browser.apx milestone 3