HELP redraws since rooting

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Mr. Premium, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Mr. Premium

Mr. Premium New Member

Hi,

I just rooted a few weeks ago for the first time, but ever since I've rooted I have annoying redraws all the time. They happen almost at random, but mostly when I close out of an app or switching between portrait and landscape . I have tried two of what I heard are the most stable roms, BB .04 and Sapphire 1.0, and I only used the kernels they came with. I uninstalled my lock screen and task manager apps. I tested many different clock speeds using setCPU, but it seems to happen at almost any speed.

Again this only happened after rooting. Stock 2.1 never did this. Is this just something you have to deal with when rooting or is there any fixes?

I am tempted to unroot to the 2.2 OTA.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

There have been a few threads over the past week or so dealing with this issue. I think they all have some tips that work to eliminate the redraw issues. Find those threads and most likely you'll find a solution or two.

I would think you could just search "redraw".

Good luck.
  3. Mr. Premium

Mr. Premium New Member

I did some searching before my post but couldn't find a problem that was closely related to mine.

However I tried some of the solutions. I installed launcher pro and minfreemanager and optimized their settings.

I still get redraws 100% of the time when rotating within an app, but it last only about 3 - 5 seconds instead of 10 with the stock launcher.

Anyway to get rid of redraws completely?
  4. slainte0317

slainte0317 New Member

I had the same problem, but read (on this forum, THANK YOU) that if you are running Sapphire 1.0, go into GEM settings > Performance > enable CompCache. Redraws are finally gone!