Help, recovery doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by superkeest, Aug 4, 2010.

1. superkeest

superkeest New Member

My phone works fine, but i was just going to update to froyo(from stock non rooted) and when i reboot with x i get to the /!\ but then camera and up volume together does not work. I feel that i really need recovery to work. any ideas?
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

Good thing. If it did work you'd be frustrated that it can't help you. That's not how you root a droid running 2.1.

Either use the one-click droidmod rooter or the SBF/RSDLite method.

Regards.

E
  3. superkeest

superkeest New Member

thanks, but im not trying to root, it was rooted, but then i went back to unrooted, got the 2.1 OTA update, and now i would like to apply the manual 2.2 update that was leaked yesterday. The problem is i cant get into recovery, to apply the update.zip I can only get to the /!\ and then when i press camera+volume up, nothing happens it just sits at /!\
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

Gosh. So much to explain.

Without an alternate recovery console you can't install ANYTHING that was leaked.

Without root you can't install an alternate recovery console.

I would recommend you read the sticky threads at the top of THIS forum. ALL OF THEM.

E
  5. deaf leppy

deaf leppy New Member

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood. Not trying to sound like a douchebag, I apologize.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  6. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

When you un rooted and took the OTA it removed your custom recovery. you will have to flash SPRecovery thru RSDlite to get it back then install a Rom with root.

If you had waited just a little bit you could have flashed Pete's 2.2 OTA with root
  7. wolfpack_lamb

wolfpack_lamb New Member

X

Everything you said is not entirely true so don't go attacking the OP when you don't seem to understand what they are trying to say.

I think what the OP intended to say was he is trying to manually update to stock froyo using the actual update that someone posted. The whole camera and volume up gets you into stock recovery so you can manually apply updates. It appears the OP is having issues getting into this recovery method. If you don't have any help to provide maybe you should refrain from attacking people who are just trying to get some help.

To the OP: do your camera and volume up button work normally when you aren't trying get into recovery?

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Now I'm confused, OP: what is your end goal and what is installed on your phone now 2.2 OTA?
  9. wolfpack_lamb

wolfpack_lamb New Member

Based on this post I would assume that the OP is not wanting to be rooted and wants to install the froyo update without having to wait for the OTA.

I am not sure why the camera plus volume up wouldn't be working to get into recovery. Sometimes it is a little finicky and you have to hit it multiple times. I find that holding volume up first and then hitting camera seems to work best. The only other reason I would think this is not working for you is that the volume up or the camera button is actually broken. I wouldn't know what to do in that case.

Let me know if you figure it out, but first check to make sure both those buttons work.
  10. wolfpack_lamb

wolfpack_lamb New Member

Did you ever get your problem fixed?
  11. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Well from what I read in the OP he unrooted then accepted the OTA 2.1 now wants to flash the Froyo 2.2 without waiting for the OTA.

Here is your problem, when you accepted the OTA for 2.1 you basically lost root. If you are wanting to flash any of the 2.2 ROMs out now you will have to re-root. You can follow the link in my signature, its a simple step-by-step instruction to root 2.1.

Hopefully this answers your questions.
Search tags for this page

droid bionic recovery do not work

recovery to privious date only provide one date and dosent w

stock recovery volume up not working