HELP RAZR Maxx just died!

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I've had it for about a month. I had just compleated a call and pressed the "end call" soft key. It did nothing. None of the soft keys would work. I held done the power button until the phone turned off now it will not power back on.
To make things worse I am out of town for the next two days and will not have time to go to a Verizon store until I get home!

Ideas?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Press and hold the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds and see if it boots up.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Luvyaman! That did it!

Thanks from Deep East Texas!!:hail:

No problem at all, happened to me one morning after charging with the phone off. Not a fun experience at 6am when you are not really awake.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

Reaction score
No problem at all, happened to me one morning after charging with the phone off. Not a fun experience at 6am when you are not really awake.

Try it 600 miles and two days from home. Talk about freaking out! You withyhe help of my iPad saved the day. Wish I knew what caused it. I had charged it overnight but had mad a couple of calls and emails before it crapped out.

JWDX

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem tonight and solved it the same way. The big question is WHY!!!?????
Why have I had all kinds of problems since ICS update??
This sucks!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
JWDX, have you done a factory data reset (fdr) since you updated to ICS? That has helped solve a lot of peoples' ICS problems. It is a little bit of a headache to do but the benefits of a smooth running phone is more than worth it. I posted ideas for helping with backing up and doing an fdr here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

The other thing you could consider is updating to the ICS .215. That is also working very well for people and is pretty simple and harmless to do. You can find easy instructions for that here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

But either way, if you haven't done an fdr since ICS, then I would definitely do that. Any problems along the way, ask and we can help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And if you're gonna do one fdr, try doing two, one behind the other.

It works.. believe it or not.

JWDX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to try that. But I may wait a couple of days because I have some important calls coming up and I don't want to take a chance on missing any.
From what I understand, I should backup all my data and i will have to reinstall all the apps I have added, and I will also have to set up my email accounts again. I figure that may take some time so I'll have to be able to set aside and hour or two to do that.
If I take out my sd card and replace it with a blank one, and after the fdr replace my original sd card back in, will that keep all of my apps so I don't have to reinstall?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The reinstall is easy with ics, it reinstalls the apps itself for the most part.

You can do the fdr without an sdcard in the device. In fact its probably smart that you do remove the SD card.

I take screen shots of my screens, move those to my sdcard and then follow those to put my phone back to how it appeared before.

It doesn't take an hour after you get used to it.. but the first time, it could take you a little while :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to try that. But I may wait a couple of days because I have some important calls coming up and I don't want to take a chance on missing any.
From what I understand, I should backup all my data and i will have to reinstall all the apps I have added, and I will also have to set up my email accounts again. I figure that may take some time so I'll have to be able to set aside and hour or two to do that.
If I take out my sd card and replace it with a blank one, and after the fdr replace my original sd card back in, will that keep all of my apps so I don't have to reinstall?

JWDX, follow 94lt1's ideas... especially taking screen shots of your homescreens. Here is a helpful guide for backing up, email and text also...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html