help! pushing and pulling

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by gmmurphy, Jul 23, 2010.

1. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

so im trying to create new status icons colors for now. i have read and read and read more.
    i feel im close but stuck.
    1. grabbed framework-res pulled to my pc.
    2. 7zip unziped and made adjustments.
    3. took unedited 7zip and added the files to archive that were changed.
    4. looks like it over wrote the old files.
    5. open up the new framework-res and the new files are not there.

thanks

:icon_eek:
  2. shocka2430

shocka2430 New Member

when you use adb to pull it just make a copy of the original so if it messes up you can go back to the original. then edit one and push it back no need in editing and opening up another and putting the files in. and you dont need to unzip the file just open it with 7zip. so you do it this way adb pull,copy, open with 7zip edit, adb push. should be good to go then
  3. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

well i guess i have a read a little more. i was not using adb. i pulled a copy from my pc. and thought i could just push the manipulated files back.
    i am trying to get to the point where i can make the changes because i made some cool wifi, battery and 3g status icons.

thanks for your help
  4. shocka2430

shocka2430 New Member

no problem bud. adb is pretty simple and if the framework is the same as what you have on your phone you can still push it back without pulling just make sure to be in recovery when you do it. if im not mistaken you could put your modded framework-res.apk on your sd card and then use root explorer to move it to system/framework and overwrite the framework-res.apk that is already there and then reboot and that should work. i would make a back up before trying this or the other way but root explorer way should work if you got it.