1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

help, "Process system is not responding" after kernel update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gnychis, Mar 9, 2011.

1. gnychis

gnychis New Member

Hi all,

I am trying to rebuild the stock Froyo kernel on my Droid. I found the exact git version used as the stock kernel, and built the kernel with:
    Code:
    make sholes_defconfig LOCALVERSION=-g68eeef5

To the best of my understanding, that is the configuration file used.

I packaged the kernel with:
    Code:
    ./mkbootimg --kernel omap/arch/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz --cmdline "console=ttyS2,115200n8 rw mem=244M@0x80C00000 init=/init ip=off brdrev=P3A_CDMA mtdparts=omap2-nand.0:640k@128k(mbm),384k@1408k(cdt),384k@3328k(lbl),384k@6272k(misc),3584k(boot),4608k(recovery),143744k(system),94848k(cache),268032k(userdata),2m(kpanic)" -o boot.img

Then I flash the kernel image like the following:
    Code:
    flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

However, after the system boots and I get to my desktop I get the error:
    Code:
    Sorry!  Process system is not responding.

I have compared the dmesg of booting the stock kernel and my rebuild of the kernel, found here:
    Pretty Diff - The difference tool

The one thing I am afraid of is around line 490,491 and some differences there after. Does anyone know what might be missing in my kernel configuration for those? I was pretty positive this was the exact configuration used, but maybe not. Has anyone had a problem like this trying to build a custom ROM?

Thanks!
  2. gnychis

gnychis New Member

solved... my boot.img-ramdisk.gz did not properly match. I extracted boot.img from the stock rom and paired my kernel with it.
Search tags for this page
droid eris.system is not responding

process system is not responding

process system not responding