HELP!!! Pls Froyo problems.. cant boot into recovery by pressing x!!!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by TPRZX, Jun 8, 2010.

1. TPRZX

TPRZX New Member

Thanks for reading and helping me in advanced. I just installed Froyo 2.2 update. everything was wonderful. I saw on Droid-Life.com a post for a custom rom for froyo called - Team Chaos Clean Black Froyo by
    Kellex
    which looks great by the way! Now lets get to the problem im having. I used rom manager to load this rom. when the phone restarted it never got over the Moto logo. I restarted the phone and it took a while ( about 8min) it does reboot normal in to froyo 2.2 but not Chaos Clean Black Froyo, so i tried to reboot into recovery by pressing X then power button, now it stated by going into the moto logo and i keep the X pressed and and nothing happens i even left X pressed for about 2 min and nothing.. so i cant restore to previous backups... i dont consider my self a noob but obviously am. Im willing to learn but dont know the next step. Also i tried to boot into recovery from rom manager and it doesn't move from the moto logo. Pls help me to go back into recovery so i can us my backup prior to installing this rom. Thanks again.

PS.. my phone works.. i dont have the new rom i tried to install. still makes calls and normal in that aspect, just cant reboot into recovery.
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ho did you install the rom..was it via cw or sprecovery
  3. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Pretty sure clean black is just a theme, you need to install the ROM first. To fix your problem of not being able to boot into recob=very, do the following:

1) Open ROM Manager
    2) Flash Clockwork Recovery twice. (even if it says it is current)
    3) reboot into recovery