Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just fdr'd and can't seem to remember :
1. How to set smart actions to turn off 4G when wifi is on
And
2. I can't locate how to set music from my music as a ring tone
Thanks in advance

When wifi is on, even if 4g is on in the background it's not active since all data will follow the wifi path.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

aarong03

Reaction score
When wifi is on, even if 4g is on in the background it's not active since all data will follow the wifi path.

Foxkat, do you know if LTE on/off will work on the jelly bean update? I haven't updated to Jelly Bean yet, still running .215. I'm just waiting to see how everyone is liking JB.

OP
J

jaqsyd

Reaction score
Thanks FoxCat. I appreciate the quick response

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Foxkat, do you know if LTE on/off will work on the jelly bean update? I haven't updated to Jelly Bean yet, still running .215. I'm just waiting to see how everyone is liking JB.

I haven't tried it, but my gut says yes. I'll give it a try and report back.

Edit; LTE OnOFF - HTE Thunderbolt does work by taking you to the developer settings where you can choose what radios are operational.

Scroll down to "Set preferred network type", and change to "CDMA auto (PRL)", or "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)" if you're in a GSM network. Change back to "LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" for normal operation.

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score

Edit; LTE OnOFF - HTE Thunderbolt does work by taking you to the developer settings where you can choose what radios are operational.

Scroll down to "Set preferred network type", and change to "CDMA auto (PRL)", or "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)" if you're in a GSM network. Change back to "LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" for normal operation.

Excellent, thanks!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score

I was able to make my own desktop shotcut using Nova launcher. It wont work though without Nova, and it takes me to the developer page. There is an "activities" choice when choosing to add a new item to your desktop, and I was able to locate the shortcut to the dev. settings page.
Has anyone noticed that something is a little different now though?
On ICS, once I chose
"CDMA auto (PRL)" using the developer settings, if I then went into menu,, system settings,, wireless & networks,, more,, network mode, none of the three radio buttons would be lit.
Now on JB, the LTE/CDMA is lit.
it makes me wonder if it is really even allowing us to switch 4g off anymore.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score

I created a manual smart action - data off when WiFi is on.

FoxKat... if you leave both on, and it's actually using WiFi and not 4G; isn't the phone still wasting extra battery searching for a 4G connection?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I created a manual smart action - data off when WiFi is on.
If you leave both on, and it's actually using WiFi and not 4G;

Isn't the phone still wasting extra battery searching for a 4G connection [with both on]?

You bring up an interesting point...the phone is likely still "pinging" the system every so often...maybe 30 seconds apart, but if there is no need to have 4G, the question is...does it ping or not? The definitive answer is...if you turn it off, it can't ping, so if you don't have 4G, turn it off.

P.S. Could you tell us all the Smart Actions that you created so we can use it too?! Pleeeeease!! :biggrin::hail:

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
You bring up an interesting point...the phone is likely still "pinging" the system every so often...maybe 30 seconds apart, but if there is no need to have 4G, the question is...does it ping or not? The definitive answer is...if you turn it off, it can't ping, so if you don't have 4G, turn it off.

P.S. Could you tell us all the Smart Actions that you created so we can use it too?! Pleeeeease!! :biggrin::hail:

That was my thought. So I'm keeping it off.

I'm sorry. I misspoke about my Smart Actions. I used to have that one, but I see the option is now greyed out. But I'm still using a similar setup. The bulk of my WiFi time is at home and work. So I have a Smart Action for each which includes turning WiFi on and data off. I also have a Smart Action that turns data off when my screen is off. And as a last step, I created a Widgetsoid bar with toggles for WiFi, data, bluetooth, gps, brightness, and background sync, and ring/vibrate. So long story short, I don't have data on very often.

OP
J

jaqsyd

Reaction score
Thanks Purple. Yes I saw it was grayed out. I'll try it your way. Appreciate the help.