help please

dodgylegs

Reaction score
Hi Peeps

I'm new to the forum, and to Android.

I've a Droid phone but a couple of things are puzzling me - I wonder if any of you can help.

I have 3G turned off, so running on 2G to save battery. Sometimes 3G turns itself on - is there anything I can do about this at all?

And also, how can I access Google Docs with the phone - what is the best way?

Thank you so much for reading this and any help is appreciated.

Muchly thanks x

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't turn the 3G off if I was you....maybe if I had a different phone but not with the Droid....with 3G off a lot of functions that the Droid is particularly good at (the best at), will not work properly....

I found an app that can sync with your Google Docs account? It's called GDocs....might help you out a little

Welcome to the forum!!

OP
D

dodgylegs

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick reply Nate - really appreciate it. I'll check that app out - that's great - thank you - fingers crossed it'll be OK.

As for the 3G - doesn't it drain the battery if you leave it on? Some days I don't need it on, as I work from home. What functions are you meaning with leaving it on?

Thanks so much again for the quick reply, you're a star. Thank you.

jimnutt

Reaction score
3G doesn't really hit battery life that badly. Your display is the biggest power consumer by far. I leave the WiFi turned on all day and still get 12-18 hours of battery life. What will impact your battery life is poor signal strength. If you've got a poor signal where you spend most of your time that will eat the battery as the phone has to increase its transmit power to compensate. WiFi definitely helps then as it is less power hungry than 3G with a poor signal.

OP
D

dodgylegs

Reaction score
Thanks Jimnutt. That may be it actually - I live in the countryside and my signal does dip quite a bit at times. So that may be what's doing it.Would that reason explain why 3G sometimes turns itself on (after it's been switched off)?