1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help please.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dvmsn, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dvmsn

dvmsn New Member

I am sorry, flame away, I would like to "hack" my old droid x so my kids can use it as a music player and for wifi. I did a factory reboot, so they couldn't access any confidential information, e-mails, etc. Now it is asking for an activation from verizon. Is there anyway for me to endrun this and just start it up just a a device with no phone/3-G capabilities? And in case you didn't already guess, I am a complete dumb____ when it come to this kind of thing.
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No flames, and no need to apologize...this is DroidForums, where everyone is treated with respect. We were ALL newbies once.

There is a way to bypass, but it may be different for different models. The one I remember for the OG Droid and Droid 2 (and Droid X - Confirmed), is to press each corner, starting from either top left, in a clockwise direction in that screen.

Here it is:

View attachment 57829

Some also work to simply hit either the home key or back key. This is true of 4G phones with a Sim Card.

Also, for your benefit what I did for my son's D2 (my old phone) was to register it to my Gmail account. It doesn't hurt things and allows the installation of applications (*and monitoring of what's installed*) from the Play Store account tied to that Gmail account. I can send my son apps, and can both install and update from there. Frankly I think it's better that way, than not being registered, and I believe there needs to be a Gmail account registered to the phone to even use the Play Store. Note: that doesn't mean they have to have your Gmail email client and access to your inbox.

Good Luck! :biggrin:
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
Search tags for this page

droid x2 sim card

how to bypass sim card screen on verizon droid motorola maxx

sim card droid x2