Help please.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dvmsn, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dvmsn

dvmsn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry, flame away, I would like to "hack" my old droid x so my kids can use it as a music player and for wifi. I did a factory reboot, so they couldn't access any confidential information, e-mails, etc. Now it is asking for an activation from verizon. Is there anyway for me to endrun this and just start it up just a a device with no phone/3-G capabilities? And in case you didn't already guess, I am a complete dumb____ when it come to this kind of thing.

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,723
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    No flames, and no need to apologize...this is DroidForums, where everyone is treated with respect. We were ALL newbies once.

There is a way to bypass, but it may be different for different models. The one I remember for the OG Droid and Droid 2 (and Droid X - Confirmed), is to press each corner, starting from either top left, in a clockwise direction in that screen.

Here it is:

View attachment 57829

Some also work to simply hit either the home key or back key. This is true of 4G phones with a Sim Card.

Also, for your benefit what I did for my son's D2 (my old phone) was to register it to my Gmail account. It doesn't hurt things and allows the installation of applications (*and monitoring of what's installed*) from the Play Store account tied to that Gmail account. I can send my son apps, and can both install and update from there. Frankly I think it's better that way, than not being registered, and I believe there needs to be a Gmail account registered to the phone to even use the Play Store. Note: that doesn't mean they have to have your Gmail email client and access to your inbox.

Good Luck! :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
Search tags for this page

droid x2 sim card

how to bypass sim card screen on verizon droid motorola maxx

sim card droid x2