Help Please

bje1982

Reaction score
Ok first off can someone tell me what these couple things are?

-google talk service 1.3 ?
-google talk storage 2.1 update1 ?

The reason I ask is because I was trying to clean up my phone and deleted those 2 things plus talk 1.3, gmail 1.3, gmail storage 2.1 update1, and corporate calender 1.0.6 and for some reason I couldnt download anything from the market and got stuck on the "starting download" screen. Is there a proper way to delete google apps or what??

The only google apps I want on my phone is calender, market, search and maps and thats it so how do I accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way Im running JRummys CyanogenMod Remix ESE81..

G

gavron

The reason I ask is because I was trying to clean up my phone and deleted those 2 things plus talk 1.3, gmail 1.3, gmail storage 2.1 update1, and corporate calender 1.0.6 and for some reason I couldnt download anything from the market and got stuck on the "starting download" screen. Is there a proper way to delete google apps or what??

The only google apps I want on my phone is calender, market, search and maps and thats it so how do I accomplish this?

Reinstall the ROM you want.

Don't delete those things or anything else you're not 100% sure isn't needed or used by something you do want.

E
P.S. When you reinstall the ROM you want to wipe /CACHE and install /SYSTEM. If using the same ROM keep /DATA.

OP
bje1982

bje1982

Reaction score

Don't delete those things or anything else you're not 100% sure isn't needed or used by something you do want.

E
P.S. When you reinstall the ROM you want to wipe /CACHE and install /SYSTEM. If using the same ROM keep /DATA.

Ok I just did the update.zip to get all the stuff back but again my question is how do I properly delete these apps without screwing up the market?

ashkev843

Reaction score

E

Ok I just did the update.zip to get all the stuff back but again my question is how do I properly delete these apps without screwing up the market?

I would think you could delete everything but the gmail and be safe. Since the market is tied to you gmail account. This however is purely speculation :)

OP
bje1982

bje1982

Reaction score

E

I would think you could delete everything but the gmail and be safe. Since the market is tied to you gmail account. This however is purely speculation :)
Thats what I figured too but I think when I deleted googletalk services with titanium backup I think thats what messed it up.. Its all good technically I could download any app I want through the browser anyway so I might just delete Market too lol and yes Ill be the first one to admit it that I am OCD haha

cbroussard99

Reaction score
4.0.4 has jacked my Maxx...

None of the following work:
Sound Lock
Ring with Vibrate
Touch Sound
Hepatic or Haptic feed back

Basically none of my options under system sound work...I'm pissed...my update was OTA...

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Optid

Reaction score
I would try doing a factory restore. My phone was acting up after the update, I did a factory restore and everything started running smoothly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cbroussard99

Reaction score
Optid said:
I would try doing a factory restore. My phone was acting up after the update, I did a factory restore and everything started running smoothly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I'll give it a shot and let you know my outcome...Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

cbroussard99

Reaction score
No joy...factory reset fixed the vibrating feed back but not the lock and unlock sounds....

cbroussard99

Reaction score
niteperson said:
This is an option in the Sound settings for "Screen Lock Sound." Is that what you're looking for?

I have the option checked. It doesn't work...

77diverkids

Reaction score
I am rooting my nexus 7 using toolkit v1.8.0 and I have done every thing but when I click root it gets to "Booting TWRP Temporarily..." and then stays there. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!! :mad:

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
In the main menu, did you select the proper version of your tablet?
The N7 has several variants, such as nakasi, Nakasig, and so on.
You need to know your version, such as 'GROUPER'
Your best bet is to first UNLOCK the bootloader, then attempt root.
You will notice several menus pop up, just follow the steps as they appear.
Once you acquire the unlocked notification on our device, then proceed to root your tablet in the next step.
NRT is easy to follow along with, and Wug made the process quick and painless, all you need to do, is follow the instructions and you should have an unlocked bootloader and root access.
Warning, many versions of apps like rom Toolbox give a false 'unrooted' indicator, and if you use Titanium Backup, you may get that same notification on that also, simply download the latest Superuser from CHAINSDD from the play store and grant access through SU.