1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NuggsFan, Dec 9, 2010.

1. NuggsFan

NuggsFan New Member

Hi all,
    I recently unrooted my phone and I am now wanting to root again (need me some of that gingerbread goodness).
    I have followed the guides carefully and I am unable to do it. As I said I was rooted before so this is no new process to me.
    I believe my error is based in the recovery mode. I get the exclamation above the phone image. I googled this and to get passed it, it is suggested to press up on the volume key and press the camera button at the same time. This works and I get brought to the recovery mode with blue writing. I tried to flash the update.zip file (I have tried numerous ones to check if it wasn't the specific file) and it keeps aborting the process. I am completely lost. Is there a way to get to the normal recovery screen? Or do you have any other suggestions to get myself rooted? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the lingo but I should be able to follow most directions.

Thanks so much in advance
  2. PARick

PARick New Member

Try removing the "zip" from the name. It could be your file is named update.zip.zip. Also, try using Clockwork. That way you can go in and manually select the file irregardless of the name.
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

You can't flash update.zips thru stock recovery unless the file is straight from google.

Use link 3 in my sig to root
  4. PARick

PARick New Member

My bad. When i read "I've rooted before" I assumed he already was rooted. But I guess that meant a different device.:icon_eek:
  5. NuggsFan

NuggsFan New Member

Ya, it was clockwork that worked. Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Loving life as a rooted user again!