1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP please with SPrecovery

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by tyroniousdex, Apr 20, 2010.

1. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

I followed the steps on the video on how to flash with SPRecovery and flashed my 2.1 droid with the ESE81 update no problems what so ever. Then i went to the next video and decided to download a custom rom. I downloaded BB.9. 62mb file placed on Sd card changed the name to update.zip (on the root of the card) unmounted and went into the X power button mode. I wiped partition wiped cache hit install hit allow install anthe installed from sd card (deprecated) and i get a message cannot open. thinking the file might be corrupt i downloaded the suggested Jrummy Cyan theme thinking for sure that there isn't a chance of this file being corrupted. went through the process same result. so i exited out rebooted and cut my phone off. I have spent the last 2 days in these forums reading numerous posts and watching numerous videos regarding this. I am stumped please help.
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

I'm taking it you are following the directions well. Try renaming it to just update......My computer automatically puts the.zip...Unless it's a nandroid install then it's another process all together. Where is the Link for the video? I'll stay up for a weee bit longer to help ya out...but I'm pretty tired so try and hurry.....lol
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

REply to help

I am now changing it to just update. It dawned on me that I might have read that someone did the exact thing. Thank you I will try it now.
  4. RoLa

RoLa New Member

I'll be here... let me know
  5. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

Hell Yeah I am on my way to the next level.
    Phase 1: read and follow directions. CHECK
    Phase 2: Ask for help. CHECK
    Thanks Man
  6. RoLa

RoLa New Member

You're welcome..enjoy the ROM!
    ......:welcome:
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010