Help please! Unlocking & SIM Card Issues from Abroad

cbrooks8593

Reaction score
OK so through a combination of back luck and me being dumb, I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm in the UK and paid someone here to unlock my Droid RAZR for me and I got a European SIM card. Everything was going great until, last night, my phone got stuck at the Red Eye screen during startup. Tried all the solutions I could find online, eventually gave up and went for the factory reset - the only thing I knew of to fix it. This is where I really got in some trouble - the factory reset undid my unlocking. I thought I had my Verizon SIM card safe and sound in my wallet; turns out I don't, it must have fallen out. When I turn on the phone, it tells me that it won't accept the SIM card and the only option is to power off. How can I resolve this? Maybe try to borrow an American SIM card from a friend if I can find someone with Verizon? Or I have to order a new SIM card from Verizon and get it shipped across the pond (leaving me phoneless until it arrives)?
TL;DR:
-In Europe, only have a European SIM card (lost my Verizon one)
-Had to factory reset my phone, so it's no longer unlocked & won't function with a European card.
Any solutions??

Thanks in advance!

OP
C

cbrooks8593

Reaction score
Essentially if there's any way to unlock a Verizon phone without a Verizon SIM card, that's what I'm looking for. If that doesn't exist, advice on how to get a new Verizon card would be appreciated.