Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
on behalf of the forum, we owe you an apology - there really aren't any cookies....unless FBM makes cross-country delivery :D skiing should be pretty nice soon, tho...

Link one in my sig will talk you through some of it. :)

And COOKIES!!!!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
So back it up onto my computer first then transfer it back? Will I have to re root?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you do not

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
on behalf of the forum, we owe you an apology - there really aren't any cookies....unless FBM makes cross-country delivery :D skiing should be pretty nice soon, tho...

And COOKIES!!!!

What! I was totally lured here under the false pretenses of cookies!!! Ok ok..... maybe I did it because I like to feel dangerous lol... but the cookies wouldve been awesome lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So back it up onto my computer first then transfer it back? Will I have to re root?
Exactly. Just create a folder on the desktop, open the SD card, then select all and drag to the new folder, wait for it to finish, and then reformat the card in the phone, if possible. There's a trick to that if you want to know it.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
technically, that might be considered a "bait and switch". but look at it this way - if all goes according to rumor, hopefully in the not-to-distant-future, you'll get a taste of gingerbread spice before most others. ;)

And COOKIES!!!!

What! I was totally lured here under the false pretenses of cookies!!! Ok ok..... maybe I did it because I like to feel dangerous lol... but the cookies wouldve been awesome lol

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
OOoo!!! Whats the trick??? I got it all copied... now im twiddling my thumbs and thinking about gingerbread cookies in the future :) But I wouldn't mind formatting while waiting for the cookie :D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Settings> SD card & phone storage> Unmount SD card> wait till the Format SD card stops being grayed out> Format SD card

If you can't format the SD card you'll need to do it on your PC and that might not do as good a job, but it will work if you have to.

And there are cookies in that thread I sent you to, dammit! ;)

:rofl3:

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
OOOO thanks!!! Hey in thread 4? I looked! But i didn't find em.... Guess I better check again!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why you bringing Bob into this, he didn't do anything :rofl3:

EDIT: pickle, post 4 of the 1st thread in FBM's sig. they look mighty tasty... :)

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Ahhh... crud I have to head to dinner... Be back shorty and I will be working on unmounting and picking a rom and all sorts of good stuff...... I'm sure I have lots more reading and lots more questions lol .... But really thank you guys :)