Help please! Phone is resetting!

Abby_noelle

Reaction score
Soo...had my phone for like three weeks now. I absolutely love it for being #teamblackberry but all of a sudden it started to reset all the time. I had the apps : advanced task killer, pandora, twitdroyd, sudoku, wellsfargo, and launcer pro. I found out atk is bad for you so I uninstalled i guess it helped then uninstalled launcer pro. It still reset my phone. So I went to the store and they did a hard reset. I reinstall twitdroyd n pandora. Everyhing was fine but then my client called and of course shuts off. And now I notice it shuts off after im on the internet (googling), and when im on the phone for at least 7 mins. What can I do? I can't make it to the Verizon store anytime soon and Im pretty sure twitdroyd nor pandora is messing up my phone...please and thanks!

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If a factory reset doesn't fix it you can call vzw customer service and they will next-day-air you a replacement, assuming it is stock (not rooted)

JFDroid

Reaction score
My phone reboots a ton, too, and I'm not rooted and am completely stock with few apps, just like the OP. I've had several replacements and my phone still acts up. Good luck getting a fix...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either a huge percentage of the phones are defective, or it is a Software/OS issue. Countless threads on it, no real fix other than swapping out phones and hoping that you eventually get lucky.

bonzomatic

Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are having the same issues. For me it all started after 2.2. If I go into a store for a fix, I will probably push to have them give me a different phone entirely. Can anyone recommend a Verizon Android phone that is comparable to the X without all of the tech issues?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are having the same issues. For me it all started after 2.2. If I go into a store for a fix, I will probably push to have them give me a different phone entirely. Can anyone recommend a Verizon Android phone that is comparable to the X without all of the tech issues?

If it is in fact an OS glitch, then it will likely get fixed with Gingerbread. I wouldn't ditch a kickass phone just yet, because of a software problem...

bonzomatic

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I really like this phone, but I just don't understand the mentality of allowing a software upgrade to cause this much trouble and not address it. Besides are they even going to upgrade the X with gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the cache wipe, hard factory reset and formatted the SD card.

No difference. It's an OS bug.

kdkinc

Reaction score

No you got some junk files in the phone .
Just read the thread I left a link for and start over.
Have a copy of Z4root on the SD card before you begin. Remember to follow his directions line for line ....its a breeze.
Its and hours precess from beginning to back to the point your at now. (without the reboots)

Hard reset IS NOT a SBF

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Have a copy of Z4root on the SD card before you begin. Remember to follow his directions line for line ....its a breeze.
Its and hours precess from beginning to back to the point your at now. (without the reboots)

Hard reset IS NOT a SBF

Well being that I don't do ROM's and things, if it got to this point in the first place, what is to prevent it from getting right back here?

When I upgraded to the latest version, the OTA did not work because I had deleted some of the APK files that I didn't need. So I had to get that Motorola utility, download a copy of the Verizon ROM and use that utility to flash the phone.

kdkinc

Reaction score

Hard reset IS NOT a SBF

Well being that I don't do ROM's and things, if it got to this point in the first place, what is to prevent it from getting right back here?

When I upgraded to the latest version, the OTA did not work because I had deleted some of the APK files that I didn't need. So I had to get that Motorola utility, download a copy of the Verizon ROM and use that utility to flash the phone.

ok:) hope all goes well

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hard reset IS NOT a SBF

ok:) hope all goes well

It didn't. Nothing that I have done has stopped the random reboots. And in the thread that I started, tons of people have the exact same problem. Some rooted, some not. Some with ROM's, some stock. Some with launchers, some without. Some overclocked, others not...

No pattern or trend, other than they have a DroidX with the latest release and it reboots half a dozen times a day for no reason...