Help please, lost root somehow!!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've got stock Froyo with Z4 one click root. Perfect for almost a year. About 2 weeks ago I got the forced update pushed out but didn't install and froze the updater app with titanium. About a week later I got a error message on superuser about binary being outdated. I updated that and still everything was good. This morning I done a battery pull cause it was kinda hung up. Now superuser is showing denied on all apps needing root access. I checked the log and its been denied the last 4 days. I reinstalled superuser and rebooted but still being denied root access. WHAT HAPPENED?????? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've reinstalled superuser and re-rooted using the z4 app and rebooted and it's still being denied. The article seems to suggest sbf'ing more than anything.

I have considered GB, but I seen several people complain about it and go back to Froyo. Is there a one click root for GB? I need root for overclocking and the occasional wireless tether. If I can get that, then I'm game to try GB.

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I downloaded the SuperUser fix, ran it and then had to update the binaries again and IT FIXED IT!!!!!! My apps now have root access.

I'd still like to talk GB/one click root with everyone. Share your knowledge please!!!!"

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've never done a ROM. I've always been quite happy with the rooted Froyo but I may not know what I'm missing.

I want someone to give me their thoughts on the Froyo to GB upgrade. Sell me on GB!!!

clueless77

Reaction score
its really a preference thing, if you are happy no need to switch, but if you are wanting to dable in roms its where you should be

lots of new roms coming and as leftspin would agree with ice cream sandwich coming there are sure to be some greaat 2nd init roms for it

leftspin

Reaction score
I've never done a ROM. I've always been quite happy with the rooted Froyo but I may not know what I'm missing.

I want someone to give me their thoughts on the Froyo to GB upgrade. Sell me on GB!!!

I strongly recommend GB, even if you aren't going to use a ROM. You get better battery life out of your phone, it's much faster, smoother and the whole UI just feels much nicer and more put together even with motoblur. If you ROM you'll get better battery life and performance out of a GB kernel ROM than a 2nd init Froyo kernel GB ROM. There are also probably some downsides, I've heard people say that they didn't like the update but I've never had a problem. And just like Clueless said if you're happy with Froyo and it has everything you need then there really is no need to upgrade, especially when ICS is just around the corner anyway