Help please. I screwed up my X

shafer5

Reaction score
Deleted some apps i wasnt suppose to. Then i did a system restore without reading. Now i have no apps. I can't install anything from market either. How can i get apps on my phone without root explorer or anything else? Am i screwed?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ouch...Does not sound good.

But I will defer to the experts...

Moving this to Rescue Squad....

OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score
I can push apps with adb right? If i can get it to work. I've never had any success getting it to work.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know how you did that.

Did you wipe and restore a working backup?

OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score
All my apps worked. I couldn't get market to work so i came up with the bright idea of factory restore. Now i have no apps and i can't d/l anything.

OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score
Ok I have adb set up on my pc. It does recognize the phone when I type <adb devices>. The problem I'm having is when I go to the shell and type: adb install c:\<file path used> it says <adb: not found>

What am I doing wrong here? Also is what I'm doing even possible??

yoyo814

Reaction score
I would think it is possible seeing as your phone still boots and still is recognized through ADB. Why it doesn't work when you try to push a file? I'm not sure on that one. If you can get that working though I would venture to guess if you download one of the system dumps in the thread on here for removing bloatware, and can push all of those APKs to the correct directory and then do another factory reset you might have better luck.

Dom

Reaction score
Ok I have adb set up on my pc. It does recognize the phone when I type <adb devices>. The problem I'm having is when I go to the shell and type: adb install c:\<file path used> it says <adb: not found>

Try this out:

Make sure you have Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging mode (ON/Checked). Also when you hook up the USB cable make sure you select Charging Only. The system version of my phone is 1.13.604.MB810 (Not sure if that matters but just to keep in mind). OK once you have that set.

Process was done through Windows 7 32-bit so not sure it will work for 64-bit but give it a try.

Step 1:
You want to install the drivers for the Droid X if you had before uninstall them unless its the same like the one I uploaded the zip file name ADBDriver_v3_Google.zip you want to extract this folder to your desktop or anywhere you can locate it. Then open up Device Manager and you should see a Tab that says Android Phone with a device beneath it with a yellow icon unless you already have the driver installed for it. If you see the yellow icon right click and select update driver, the wizard should pop so Click on Browse my computer>Let me pick from a list>Click on Have Disk>Browse for the extracted files for the folder named USB_Driver then select the Android_winusb and click OK. Under Model you should see one that says Android Composite ADB interface so install that one. Reboot if you want but not needed.

Step 2:
Download the SDK tools click here!

Once you download that folder, extract them where you can locate the folder and rename the folder to sdk or whatever floats your boat. I like to put it on the C:\ drive or whatever your drive letter is. Example: C:\sdk
Then you want to download droidxroot_v2.zip file and extract this to your tools folder that is inside the SDK folder that we renamed. Example: C:\sdk\tools

Once you done that open up command prompt so go to search programs and files>then type>cmd and select it.

Once your in Command Prompt type cd \ to go to the root of your drive
If you decided to follow my naming scheme you should type cd \sdk\tools

Double check that you have USB debugging ON and USB to Charge Only.

Refer to this forum for the commands to Root the Droid, which I have not had any issues click here! and start on Step 8 once you get to the part where you need to toggle a widget, toggle Wifi ON and OFF which worked for me.

If you have errors while rooting your Droid X refer to this article almost towards the end there is a section that is called Errors while rooting your Droid X click here!

Step 3:

Once successfully rooted your phone refer to this forum click here! There is a section at the very bottom of the first post that says Did you delete Something, this is where you can download all the apps of the Droid X. You want to extract those files into the folder tools again under the sdk folder, then you want to install all those apps into your phone or refer to this forum to see what apps are needed click here! So unplug your phone from USB cable and plug it back in or just type exit so it takes you back to C:\sdk\tools and start pushing all the backup files into your sdcard you just downloaded which you should do like this example:

Example for 1 app installation

C:\sdk\tools>adb push whateverapp.apk /sdcard/whateverapp.apk
C:\sdk\tools>adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cp /sdcard/whateverapp.apk /system/app/whateverapp.apk

Repeat for all apps but this is an example on how you would do it for one app I would suggest pushing all the apps that you need into the sdcard then run adb shell to start installing those apps into the phone and just need to do the mount command once then do the cp command for all the needed installation apps.

Hopefully this helps which I've been a happy camper with this awesome phone.

Attachments

• ADBDriver_v3_Google.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,796
  • droidxroot_v2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 420
OP
shafer5

shafer5

Reaction score

Try this out:

Make sure you have Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging mode (ON/Checked). Also when you hook up the USB cable make sure you select Charging Only. The system version of my phone is 1.13.604.MB810 (Not sure if that matters but just to keep in mind). OK once you have that set.

Process was done through Windows 7 32-bit so not sure it will work for 64-bit but give it a try.

Step 1:
You want to install the drivers for the Droid X if you had before uninstall them unless its the same like the one I uploaded the zip file name ADBDriver_v3_Google.zip you want to extract this folder to your desktop or anywhere you can locate it. Then open up Device Manager and you should see a Tab that says Android Phone with a device beneath it with a yellow icon unless you already have the driver installed for it. If you see the yellow icon right click and select update driver, the wizard should pop so Click on Browse my computer>Let me pick from a list>Click on Have Disk>Browse for the extracted files for the folder named USB_Driver then select the Android_winusb and click OK. Under Model you should see one that says Android Composite ADB interface so install that one. Reboot if you want but not needed.

Step 2:
Download the SDK tools click here!

Once you download that folder, extract them where you can locate the folder and rename the folder to sdk or whatever floats your boat. I like to put it on the C:\ drive or whatever your drive letter is. Example: C:\sdk
Then you want to download droidxroot_v2.zip file and extract this to your tools folder that is inside the SDK folder that we renamed. Example: C:\sdk\tools

Once you done that open up command prompt so go to search programs and files>then type>cmd and select it.

Once your in Command Prompt type cd \ to go to the root of your drive
If you decided to follow my naming scheme you should type cd \sdk\tools

Double check that you have USB debugging ON and USB to Charge Only.

Refer to this forum for the commands to Root the Droid, which I have not had any issues click here! and start on Step 8 once you get to the part where you need to toggle a widget, toggle Wifi ON and OFF which worked for me.

If you have errors while rooting your Droid X refer to this article almost towards the end there is a section that is called Errors while rooting your Droid X click here!

Step 3:

Once successfully rooted your phone refer to this forum click here! There is a section at the very bottom of the first post that says Did you delete Something, this is where you can download all the apps of the Droid X. You want to extract those files into the folder tools again under the sdk folder, then you want to install all those apps into your phone or refer to this forum to see what apps are needed click here! So unplug your phone from USB cable and plug it back in or just type exit so it takes you back to C:\sdk\tools and start pushing all the backup files into your sdcard you just downloaded which you should do like this example:

Example for 1 app installation

C:\sdk\tools>adb push whateverapp.apk /sdcard/whateverapp.apk
C:\sdk\tools>adb shell
$ su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cp /sdcard/whateverapp.apk /system/app/whateverapp.apk

Repeat for all apps but this is an example on how you would do it for one app I would suggest pushing all the apps that you need into the sdcard then run adb shell to start installing those apps into the phone and just need to do the mount command once then do the cp command for all the needed installation apps.

Hopefully this helps which I've been a happy camper with this awesome phone.

Sorry it took me a little bit to get back on here. I finally had time to try this and it worked! After pushing and installing apps I had to do a factory restore and wallah! Apps are now downloading from the market. I just needed to push the gtalkservice.apk back to the phone. Thanks again for the help!!

713King

Reaction score
I cant install the usb_driver for my Droid X, everytime i click on the Android_winsub or whatever it says its not compatible with current windows and i just cant install it... Is there another driver i can try? or what? i need help