help please....I hope its not a brick

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
Im stuck on the motorola screen. I was about to install a rom from the sd card but instead i rebooted and now im stuck on the M screen

maderschramm

Reaction score
I did and its the same thing

if you formatted /system in preparation for the rom then yeah, that's a brick alright. sometimes you can get into recovery mode by like plugging in your phone without the battery, then putting in the battery, then unplugging the phone or something. I'm no expert on that. I'd say do a .sbf

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
Im just stuck on the M....how would i get into boot recovery from here besides the unplugging and such which i will try

Jordan8

Reaction score
Doing what maderschramm said would most likely work, he has a guide on flashing sbf in his signature. Just be sure you follow it step for step.

You can also try to get into recovery by:

1. Power off X
  2. Hold and press Home button and then simultaneously hold and press the Power button until the Moto logo displays.
  3. Let go of the Power button, but continue to press the Home button until you see an exclamation mark.
  4. Release the Home button and press the Search but once.
(note I got those steps from google, don't hold me to them lol)

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
i got to a boot load screen but its blue. ....I had it off. held home and power. the m came on let go of power and held home. an ! came up i let go and hit search and android system recovery came up. Reboot system now...apply sdcard:update.zip ....wipe data/factory reset .....wipe cache partition. im not sure what to do now

maderschramm

Reaction score
i got to a boot load screen but its blue. ....I had it off. held home and power. the m came on let go of power and held home. an ! came up i let go and hit search and android system recovery came up. Reboot system now...apply sdcard:update.zip ....wipe data/factory reset .....wipe cache partition. im not sure what to do now

go to install zip from sdcard, install your zipped rom

OR

backup / restore to a previous nandroid backup you've made

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
Here is what I did to get back into clockwork (if you have it)
1. Plug usb into wall charger.
2. Plug phone into usb w/o the battery in the phone.
3. If it comes up with a battery with a ? in it, unplug and plug it back in.
4. If step 3 worked, you should be in Clockwork.

Jordan8

Reaction score
That's a good sign. Do you have the ROM, or a backup on your SD card?

If so:

- Wipe Cache & Data
- Click Install zip from sdcard
- & find the zip you're wanting to install(nandroid backup or ROM)
- let it do it's thing & then reboot.

OP
L

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
when I plug it in the M is the only thing that comes up....when I click on apply sdcard:update.zip .....Install from sdcard....finding update package....opening update package....verifying update package....E:failed to verify whole-file signature E:signature verification failed installation aborted

Jordan8

Reaction score
Don't click on apply sdcard:update.zip

Click "Install zip from sdcard" & navigate to were you saved the .zip. If you downloaded it on your phone, it'll be in /download(s) by default.