Help please: HTC Rezound not connecting incoming or outgoing calls

snhastings

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new HTC Rezound to replace damaged HTC Rezound.
After set-up of the phone... text, data, email are all working fine, but calls (incoming and outgoing) start to complete and then disconnect/drop. On some outgoing calls I hear the Verizon prerecorded message "Welcome to Verizon,,, your mobile number is either inactive or invalid...", but in most cases an outgoing call never completes even that far. I visited a Verizon store and spent an hour there after and hour with technical support while there in addition to earlier calls to tech support. Any ideas. Thank you very much.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Would it be possible to visit a different Verizon store? I think you got a bum steer or you need to have them get you a phone that actually works.

OP
S

snhastings

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I purchased the phone on Amazon.com. Is it unusual for text to work and the phone not to work - on the Verizon network?

acejavelin

Reaction score
This could be a bad SIM card, did they try a different SIM card?

Also, what is the software, radio, and hboot revision? Is the phone unlocked or S-OFF? If you pull the battery and reinsert it with the USB cable disconnected and hold Power+Vol Down it should show all that information on the Hboot screen.