1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP PLEASE Helix Launcher2 keeps looping forced close

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Droidnotberry, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Droidnotberry

Droidnotberry New Member

Hello everyone. I rooted and installed Blackdroids ultimate droid Friday night, WOW what a difference in the phone, its great and I cant believe how much better than stock.

This morning I was cutting back on the # of screens for Helix Launcher 2 (it was initially 7) and I wanted to make it 4. I removed all my widgets, but I dd not remove all my icons (made a mistake hear I guess). Now the phone keeps popping up with the message "Sorry the application helixlauncher2 (process com.helixproject.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I click on force close, and the screen comes back, starts redrawing icons, and then I get the same force close message again immediately. I cant get into settings for the home screen to change it or turn off helix Launcher etc, so I'm kind of stuck at this point. I'm a total noob with this stuff, is there a way to "safe start" the phone, or have it so it doesnt start helix2 so I can get it to work properly?

Just when I had everything perfect, I had to screw around with the number of screens and now I hope I dont have to start everything all over from scratch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Droidnotberry

Droidnotberry New Member

Ok, I figured out a way to fix it after googling for a while. I was able to hit the search button between force closes and able to get in a single letter each time until I typed "market". Then I got the market to come up and installed Helix1 and it overwrote the problem by making Helix1 my default over Helix2.

I thought I was bricked for sure. I'll leave this up in case anyone else comes up with the same problem.
  3. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

I had the same thing happen to me a week or so ago. I managed to press the homekey in between forcecloses and fire up the helix1 launcher. Glad you figured it out!
  4. nikkix

nikkix New Member

i just installed helix launcher 2 and its endless force closes whenever i launch it. i tried setting it to default, didnt work either.
  5. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Thanks! Droidnotberry

I installed Helix Launcher 2 after manually installing my update on my phone only to have the same probably that you had with force closing and not being able to get into setting.
    I was on the verge of hard resetting and loosing apps that weren't available on the market anymore until I saw your post.
  6. dmartins

dmartins Member

Why not go into safe mode and uninstall helix launcher 2?
  7. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Helix2 does not work on the Droid. Just on the Nexus. If you want the 3D app drawer take a look at the ClockworkMod Launcher.
  8. get quad

get quad New Member

If people actually took time to read market descriptions, threads like this wouldn't happen.
  9. ksassin

ksassin New Member

Works on droid
  10. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Didn't know that such a thing existed. I had tried the soft reboot, even booted into the ROM mode and did a system reboot from there, but nothing was working. I will check out this safe mode for future reference.
  11. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

It works just fine on Droid, just not the latest ESE81 version. There are many ESE53 ROMS that have Helix2 pre-installed.

Also, in regards to safe mode, I just tried it, and Im pretty sure those instructions only apply on older Android phones with physical keys for menu, end call, etc.
  12. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Regarding Helix 2

What's your definition of pre-installed, because that means that helix 2 can already installed on the OS. I downloaded and installed mines myself. I will attempt to run it again once I here that it is safe for android 2.1.
Search tags for this page

application launcher process com.android.launcher2 has stopp

com android launcher2 has stopped unexpectedly

helixlauncher2 process com

launcher2 shutdown thread