HELP PLEASE Helix Launcher2 keeps looping forced close

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I rooted and installed Blackdroids ultimate droid Friday night, WOW what a difference in the phone, its great and I cant believe how much better than stock.

This morning I was cutting back on the # of screens for Helix Launcher 2 (it was initially 7) and I wanted to make it 4. I removed all my widgets, but I dd not remove all my icons (made a mistake hear I guess). Now the phone keeps popping up with the message "Sorry the application helixlauncher2 (process com.helixproject.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I click on force close, and the screen comes back, starts redrawing icons, and then I get the same force close message again immediately. I cant get into settings for the home screen to change it or turn off helix Launcher etc, so I'm kind of stuck at this point. I'm a total noob with this stuff, is there a way to "safe start" the phone, or have it so it doesnt start helix2 so I can get it to work properly?

Just when I had everything perfect, I had to screw around with the number of screens and now I hope I dont have to start everything all over from scratch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
D

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
Ok, I figured out a way to fix it after googling for a while. I was able to hit the search button between force closes and able to get in a single letter each time until I typed "market". Then I got the market to come up and installed Helix1 and it overwrote the problem by making Helix1 my default over Helix2.

I thought I was bricked for sure. I'll leave this up in case anyone else comes up with the same problem.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I figured out a way to fix it after googling for a while. I was able to hit the search button between force closes and able to get in a single letter each time until I typed "market". Then I got the market to come up and installed Helix1 and it overwrote the problem by making Helix1 my default over Helix2.

I thought I was bricked for sure. I'll leave this up in case anyone else comes up with the same problem.

I had the same thing happen to me a week or so ago. I managed to press the homekey in between forcecloses and fire up the helix1 launcher. Glad you figured it out!

nikkix

Reaction score
i just installed helix launcher 2 and its endless force closes whenever i launch it. i tried setting it to default, didnt work either.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Thanks! Droidnotberry

I installed Helix Launcher 2 after manually installing my update on my phone only to have the same probably that you had with force closing and not being able to get into setting.
I was on the verge of hard resetting and loosing apps that weren't available on the market anymore until I saw your post.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Helix2 does not work on the Droid. Just on the Nexus. If you want the 3D app drawer take a look at the ClockworkMod Launcher.

get quad

Reaction score
If people actually took time to read market descriptions, threads like this wouldn't happen.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Why not go into safe mode and uninstall helix launcher 2?
Didn't know that such a thing existed. I had tried the soft reboot, even booted into the ROM mode and did a system reboot from there, but nothing was working. I will check out this safe mode for future reference.

B-Unit

Reaction score
It works just fine on Droid, just not the latest ESE81 version. There are many ESE53 ROMS that have Helix2 pre-installed.

Also, in regards to safe mode, I just tried it, and Im pretty sure those instructions only apply on older Android phones with physical keys for menu, end call, etc.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Regarding Helix 2

It works just fine on Droid, just not the latest ESE81 version. There are many ESE53 ROMS that have Helix2 pre-installed.

Also, in regards to safe mode, I just tried it, and Im pretty sure those instructions only apply on older Android phones with physical keys for menu, end call, etc.

What's your definition of pre-installed, because that means that helix 2 can already installed on the OS. I downloaded and installed mines myself. I will attempt to run it again once I here that it is safe for android 2.1.