Help please (Bowers?) Just a little explanation needed

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Jim 777, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Help please. Just a little explanation needed

I've been spending the better part of my night looking at how to correctly create .9.png files so they stretch correctly. Now before you go off about SDK tools and draw9something-or-other, I couldn't get anywhere with them, they just wouldn't function. I found out how to create the "raw" file in Photoshop and then run 'em through Xultimate and have them spit out the other side ready to put in an APK file.

So my questions have to do with the "guides" that determine where and how the expansion will happen. I figure that images can expand either vertically or horizontally yet there are lines and/or 1-2 pixel dots that all have something to do with what area of the image expands. I've included an attachment of an image that comes in the examples in Xultimate, it has different guides for top and left from bottom and right.

Can someone please explain to me what each one does or dictates so I can start correctly creating my own without multiple tries?

I appreciate it.

Jim
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Sadly, thebowers is no longer with the Android community..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Well it's actually addressed to anyone that can help. He's just been helpful in the past.

Don't tell me he went the way of the iphone :(