Help, Please, AVG problems

rfasick

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just installed the free version of AVG for droid on my original Motorola Droid. I've never had any problems with this phone until now. I started up AVG after it installed and started the scan. After that all of my home screen icons are gone and the screen is flashing from blank, to my homescreen background with no app icons. The only thing I CAN do is turn the phone of and on and receive calls, everything else is unavailable. Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

On a side note, I left it while I went to lunch thinking maybe it just had to complete a scan and then I'd be back in action, no dice.

Any help is appreciated.

titans1

Reaction score
Uninstall agv. Y did you get it anyway?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just installed the free version of AVG for droid on my original Motorola Droid. I've never had any problems with this phone until now. I started up AVG after it installed and started the scan. After that all of my home screen icons are gone and the screen is flashing from blank, to my homescreen background with no app icons. The only thing I CAN do is turn the phone of and on and receive calls, everything else is unavailable. Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

On a side note, I left it while I went to lunch thinking maybe it just had to complete a scan and then I'd be back in action, no dice.

Any help is appreciated.

What do we tell everyone? Do not load antivirus software, it's a resource hog.

Get rid of AVG if you can. If not turn it off. Boot it up while holding the X key on your keyboard. When you see the triangle with the exclamation point press volume up and camera. This should bring up your recovery mode. use the volume key to go to Clear Data and Cache and do just that.

That will get rid of your antivirus. Do not reload it, you don't need it. Log into your phone, paid apps should return.