Help! Phone won't turn on.

BoostHungry

Reaction score
When I try to turn on my phone it gets stuck on the white, circular, Motorola symbol. The only way I can even get the phone to turn off again is by yanking the battery. I can't seem to do anything to get the phone to turn on again.

Is there a hard-reset I can use when the phone is off?

Is there a standard warranty on the phones or do I need to use my insurance to get a new phone and pay the deductable?

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
tried that. Yanked the battery to turn it off again. Then plugged it into the charger to see if the charger could turn it on. I left it like that for my entire drive to school (45 minutes) and it never got past this screen.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Are you rooted and have you installed a custom kernel? If you're not sure what I just asked, completely ignore it because it doesn't apply. If your answer is "yes" though, reflash a different kernel.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved thread to Rescue Squad for further assistance.

beneharris

Reaction score
yeah that sounds like what would happen if you installed a custom rom, or kernal. if you didn't, and hte phone just broke by itself, you should be able to take it back.

although, i belive if you can still get to the recovery console, your ok. (hold hte x button, plus power. once it turns on let go over power but not x. when a little triangle with a "!" pops up, thats what you want)

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
No my phone is not rooted, and has been working fine with the natural 2.1 update since last Sunday. Everything about the phone, cept for a few simple apps is stock.

I will try the power with the x button now. Thanks for that!

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
Wait....What "x" button? Just tried the "x" key on the keyboard with no luck, held both x and power then when it powered up let go of power and kept holding x for a good 30 seconds with no luck.

Motorola Droid btw.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait....What "x" button? Just tried the "x" key on the keyboard with no luck, held both x and power then when it powered up let go of power and kept holding x for a good 30 seconds with no luck.

Motorola Droid btw.

He was referring to the X on your keyboard.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
Well I appreciate the quick responses but I'm unable to enter recovery mode. So guess that means I need to have a tech look at it. I'll bring it to my closest Verizon store tomorrow.

Thanks,
- BoostHungry

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
we got you here

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
power off your phone. hold x..then power the phone on while still holding x. do nt let the x button go until you get this /!\.
Once you get there hold the vol up button then camera button. let me know when u get there.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh i must ask...forgive me for forgetting. did you update to the current system 2.1 software update recently.

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
I tried the holding power and x button. Tried it multiple times sometimes holding "x" for over a minute with no luck.

And yes I've updated to 2.1 automatically on Easter Sunday. Haven't had an issue with 2.1.