HELP!!! phone restarts constantly and locks up often

vajerzy

Reaction score
Mine now goes through a cycle- turning on- spelling DROID, seeing the eyball, then starting all over again.......started this morning and was funky last night.

kennyg23

Reaction score
Mine now goes through a cycle- turning on- spelling DROID, seeing the eyball, then starting all over again.......started this morning and was funky last night.

Sounds to me like you bricked your phone. Did you root your phone at all?

zmeflyby

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has learned anything about this? I have had my droid for almost a month and it did a restart for the first time today while I was talking to someone on the phone. It has not happened before that I know of. The phone was in the seidio car mount and I was talking to someone on the speaker phone when all of a sudden I though I had a dropped call. Then I saw the droid eye and the phone was turning back on. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not had any other issues with the phone prior to this and hopefully this was a one time thing.

happened to me today when i received a call, it just restarted by itself.

weird

vajerzy

Reaction score

Sounds to me like you bricked your phone. Did you root your phone at all?

No- I didn't root it- I'm not that confident fooling with it other than adding apps and modifying the settings.

3turner

Reaction score
Yep, I had problems with my Droid restarting every 2 minutes no matter what I was doing with it. It had started right after an App update, the culprit for my mess was Mabilo Ringtones update. What I did was uninstall ALL of my apps and re-installed everything one at a time. Fixed me right up and have not had restarts since. *knock on wood*

Raffy

Reaction score
Guys, im sorry but replacing it is not the right way to go.
I had the same problem with my Droid, and i figured some app i installed should be the reason of the problem.
What i did was, i went on settings, then accounts & sync and i unchecked facebook app (which was the one i suspicious about).
Then i restarted the phone and BINGO!

I had another problem on my droid and all i had to do was going on setting and then privacy and then "factory data reset". And that solved the other problem i had.

So if the first doesnt work for you try the second!

By the way, my case was FB app, but maybe, just maybe if you have other apps, might be any!

Hope i could help.

Cheers!