Help out a noob in over his head ??

bigrb9

Reaction score
hey guys, I was bored at work today, and decided to finally root my D2. I followed the intsructions on here (z4, titanium backup, etc) but botched the install of liberty. I now I get stuck at the yellow fist and can't do anything else. I am not sure what OS version I was on, I know my phone was up to date with OTA verizon downloads though. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who may be able to help get my phone working again.
I searched and see that i need to "SBF" my phone, but not sure what that entails? I have downloaded the following zip files to my laptop since it looks like I need them:
rsdlite_4.8zip
USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip
VRZ_A955_2.3.20.zip

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can hold "X" while booting up, press both volume rockers at the manifying glass, and wipe data/cache.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

bigrb9

Reaction score
i have gotten to android recovery, tried to load the sbf file by using "apply sdcard:update.zip" and i get an error msg- E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command then it says E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) E:signature verification failed.installation aborted
starting to freak out a little bit here :( did i kill my droid?

americanz

Reaction score
no you didnt kill your droid. st off what version of liberty did you try to install?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
That's not how you sbf. Do what urban said. Although it may not work now that you tried to install the sbf file like that. You may have to sbf. The right way.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod 7

OP
B

bigrb9

Reaction score
don't know quite what that is? All I can get to is the stock droid recovery screen, although I have made it to clockwork recovery 2times- the last time I tried to "update.zip" from sd card, but it told me my sd card was unmountable or something like that?

americanz

Reaction score
you dont want to do update from zip. when you get in to cw you need to clear cashe and clear data then try to reboot. should be able to do it from stock recovery too

OP
B

bigrb9

Reaction score
previously cleared cache and cleared data, rebooted and just got the yellow fist coming up....I am thinking I probably botched the phone even further by trying to fix it incorrectly...

americanz

Reaction score
It just bootloops at the fist? How ling did you let it try to boot? Have you tried a battery pull?

americanz

Reaction score
Ok so when you boot the phone hold the up arrow on the slide out key board. That will get you into bootloader mode. You can sbf from there. Ill post a link on sbf in a few.

americanz

Reaction score
rsdlite_4.8zip install it

USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip install them

VRZ_A955_2.3.20.zip know where its located at

OP
B

bigrb9

Reaction score
yep, it gets stuck at the fist...tried numerous battery pulls, but would still get stuck at the fist...
stupid question- where do install these files?