help on sms

mnaples

Reaction score
how do turn stock off to prevent doubles on sms...i have dl Handcent and made it my default. however, when i get a message it still does double notifications and sounds.

raven1911

Reaction score
open stock messaging app up hit menu>settings>and uncheck notifications box

fst96se

Reaction score
I downloaded Handcent, how do I make it my default SMS program? Also, how do I move the icon to the main front screen?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Open the app drawer and long press on the Handcent icon... this will add it to your home screen.

fst96se

Reaction score
Open the app drawer and long press on the Handcent icon... this will add it to your home screen.

I try that, but when I drop it, is seems to go right back into the drawer... is my home page too full or something?

fst96se

Reaction score
Got it, my front page was full. Moved some stuff off of there, and it worked.

Now, how do I make it default to Handcent? Just turn off notifications for regular messaging?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I try that, but when I drop it, is seems to go right back into the drawer... is my home page too full or something?

It might be. The Home screen is 4 spots top to bottom, by 4 spots side to side.
You don't need to 'drop' the icon. Just press on it and hold, it should drop itself.

Try it on another screen, or move an icon off the screen you're trying to put the Handcent icon to.

And actually, you're better off doing this for Handcent... long press on the home screen you want the icon.... then select "widgets" and scroll down to 'Handcent'. The widget and the icon look exactly the same, however the widget will display an unread message count in a little green dot on the icon!