Help on reverse flashing the droid prototype

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pwrdbykyank, Apr 22, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey guys, anyone here know how to install custom roms and all that with no problem, who can walk me through reverse flashing the prototype droid i have? From what i keep being told by others is that some developers out there can use the software or baseband or what no on this phone to improve speed on bootup and other stuff. All i know is the prototype runs so much faster and smoother than my regular 650mhz droid. So yep i just dont know how to do the steps and dont understand it much when i follow tutorials so i was hoping someone can walk me through it on msn messenger, aim or yahoo messenger. Bellow is a pic of the software info..

[​IMG]
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh wow a Droid prototype..I assume you worked for Motorola? Not sure about "reverse flashing" but you may be able to root it and install a custom ROM, and overclock it
  3. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NOICE!!! Is the D-pad Silver?
  4. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Member

Ratings:
    +11
    yea D pad is silver, but yea i have another thread on here somewhere with more pics of it, i even disassembled it if im not mistaken i should have pics on this forum of it. Also this prototype works super well, i wouldnt want to erase anything on it since people are looking for the original software to be able to tweak certain things on release version. But ya i didnt work for motorola, this is one of 5 prototypes out there, and i was lucky enough to find someone who had it and i bought it off them :)
Search tags for this page

reverse flashing htc thunderbolt