Help on making droid faster

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by domdre3000, Nov 12, 2010.

1. domdre3000

domdre3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if any one could help me with making my droid one faster. Such as over clocking it to 1ghz. Right now my phone its at 800hz

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what you need help with? Will it not run stable at 1ghz? Also, making your phone run faster has ALOT to do with how its setup and what ROM and such your running and LESS to do with overclocking it a little more, so your going to have to give us all the details on your setup.

3. jeffe65

jeffe65 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If by "faster" you mean responsiveness, a number of things can affect it - If you're running Froyo, get rid of any task killers. Using live wallpapers will also slow it down a bunch. What apps do you normally have running in memory? Check by going to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, and click the "Running" tab. That will tell you what you have running. Android will manage memory very well by itself, but the less it has to deal with, the better it will run.

Also, are you running a custom ROM? Some are faster than others, and some phones do better with one than another. I'm running MetiCkRom, based on FRG22D, and it's faster than the stock OS was with a P3 kernel, and I'm still using the stock 800Mhz kernel that comes with it.

You can also get programs to help keep things running smoothly. SetCPU will help you manage how the phone utilizes cpu speed under various conditions, as well as Sampling Rates/Threshold, which can make a difference as to how smoothly it runs.

There's a ton of info on the forums, and a lot of people who can help you with just about anything, so do some searches for what you want, and you'll find it. Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Search tags for this page
how do i make my android razr faster
how do i make my driod bionic faster

how to make droid bionic faster

how to make droid faster

how to make droid razr faster

how to make droid razr run faster
how to make lg phoenix faster
how to make my droid bionic faster
make lg phienux faster
make my droid razr faster