Help!! Not Getting Yahoo Mail Anymore......

Xil

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my gmail last week. For my fix i went to Settings > Accounts> (Picked gmail accounts) > Sync now. working good now.

cohenfsam

Reaction score
Same problems with the multi-email droid app. Not getting yahoo or gmail and I can't remove the account because no matter what I do, whether it's putting in a password or trying to remove account, I get "invalid credentials." Plus, there's no option to remove (i.e., "uninstall") the app and, therefore, to re-install it.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Double Tap
*tapatalk made it look like I posted the same thing a couple times in a row. Apparently I didn't.

Anyway, I was saying that I still have the invalid credentials thing with Hotmail and AOL, but I only use Gmail really anyway. I can't even remove Hotmail and AOL because I need to put my password in to remove them, and I get invalid credentials when I'm trying to remove them. :banghead:

Last edited:

jsullivan

Reaction score
Anyway, I was saying that I still have the invalid credentials thing with Hotmail and AOL, but I only use Gmail really anyway. I can't even remove Hotmail and AOL because I need to put my password in to remove them, and I get invalid credentials when I'm trying to remove them. :banghead:

I'm having the exact same problem, it will sync gmail but not yahoo and hotmail. It worked flawlessly for 48 hours, syncing yahoo, hotmail, and gmail, but now has stopped. I get the error message and when I go in to reenter my password it says "invalid credentials" and when I try to remove the account it says "invalid credentials." I have until Monday to decide whether or not to stay with the Razr Maxx. If I could return it and get one that worked then I'd stay with it but if it will be the same problem/different phone then what's the point.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
My Hotmail through corporate sync died a few days ago too. Hope ICS fixes this. Otherwise, I guess I'll go with the Hotmail native app.

Reaction score
I too am having no luck with Yahoo accounts. I remember back in my OG Droid days this happened, and there was some sort of hack to get it to work. IIRC it was Yahoo who was preventing it. The thing is, Yahoo worked fine on my phone (Bionic) until a couple of weeks ago when I lost all data and had to factory reset my phone and then immediately take the .905 OTA. I then tried to set up my Yahoo accounts but they didn't work. I can log in via my laptop, but not my phone.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with my Yahoo mail on my Maxx, but I use the yahoo app, not the yahoo option in email accounts. Also, keep in mind that you may need to change the incoming/outgoing servers and ports in order to get it to work. I had to do this for my Go Daddy email account

mgw52

Reaction score
invalid credentials problem

I have been told by tech service the new ice cream update will take care of problem, should be out this week, until then you can add another email account using OTHER not aol or hotmail (just use same address and password and it will work- aol will show up in other mail)

setapart888

Reaction score
I had the same problem with Yahoo mail after using the Email app to set it up. It worked great for a few days, then started giving me an "invalid credentials" message. After hours on the phone, reading all of these forums, and looking for solutions online... we stopped into the Verizon store to get an accessory and a lady there came up with my solution. We went to apps, then Play Store, then searched for Yahoo mail, then downloaded the app. This is an app specifically for Yahoo mail and it worked perfectly. I then deleted the Email and K-9 attempted apps. Hope this helps someone.

setapart888

Reaction score
p.s.

They had previously told me the only way to get it to work was to wipe it and restart. NOT

rastaman_

Reaction score
I believe it's ATT/Yahoo's fault. I've been having trouble with my 2010 Outlook and they no longer support Outlook. Do a Google search, there are tons of folks pissed having the same problem.