help. no idea whats on this phone.

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
I just bought a razr off eBay advertised as excellent condition and factory .well as true with eBay they lied. Phone itself is flawless. But the first thing i noticed is its rooted. Im good with that even tho ive never had a rooted droid before (thought about rooting my x2 then dropped it in a ditch before i attempted).anyway, knowing nothing about a rooted phone i took it to a buddy that does. 30 min later hes telling me i dunno. All bloat ware has been removed. No media player. I have a option for evolution setting which allows me to do more than i know how to lol. Its overclocked to 1.375. Build number is evolution v1.5 , system version 6.16.215.xt912.verizon.en.us. android version 4.0.4 . Has apex and nova launchers that when touched i get an error message saying setting has unexpectedly closed and kicks me back to the home screen. The root browser does the same. I installed another root browser and it works fine. Beats audio is there but doesn't seem to do anything when i downloaded a media player. Safestrap in on here as well. Ive booted it into safestrap and theres no roms or even a backup on it. And the apps that unexpectedly close do not show up in my app list or root browser. Its as if the apps were deleted but the icons stayed. Any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Any more info needed that i left out just let me know and ill post it. Thanks

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
How much did you pay for a brick? I feel for you dude. Someone may be able to help you in here, it'll be tough though. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

I wasn't coming off as a smart a... but I hope a little humor can put a smile on your face for just a moment.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just bought a razr off eBay advertised as excellent condition and factory .well as true with eBay they lied. Phone itself is flawless. But the first thing i noticed is its rooted. Im good with that even tho ive never had a rooted droid before (thought about rooting my x2 then dropped it in a ditch before i attempted).anyway, knowing nothing about a rooted phone i took it to a buddy that does. 30 min later hes telling me i dunno. All bloat ware has been removed. No media player. I have a option for evolution setting which allows me to do more than i know how to lol. Its overclocked to 1.375. Build number is evolution v1.5 , system version 6.16.215.xt912.verizon.en.us. android version 4.0.4 . Has apex and nova launchers that when touched i get an error message saying setting has unexpectedly closed and kicks me back to the home screen. The root browser does the same. I installed another root browser and it works fine. Beats audio is there but doesn't seem to do anything when i downloaded a media player. Safestrap in on here as well. Ive booted it into safestrap and theres no roms or even a backup on it. And the apps that unexpectedly close do not show up in my app list or root browser. Its as if the apps were deleted but the icons stayed. Any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Any more info needed that i left out just let me know and ill post it. Thanks

Well, first off, it appears you are on the Evolution 1.5 custom JB Rom. Second, Safestrap indicates the previous owner was either intending to or has in the past installed other roms, but as you said you don't see a backup.

I am not an expert with Safestrap, but once you have a system that will accept a proper Fastboot Stock ROM, I suggest you use the Droid RAZR Utlility and flash back to the stock .211 system. From there, you may want to go on to the leaked Stock Jelly Bean. Also, whether you want to be rooted or not, there are easy ways to root either the stock .211, the leaked .215, and now even the leaked Jelly Bean.

You can find all you need in my Jelly Bean Classroom, at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

OP
P

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Well first prob i guess im going to have to buy another computer.(wife took it when she left last week) second is i may need a dictionary and a translator for this. Im more of a car guy. I can tear your car apart and rebuild it bolt by bolt but this is new to me.(why i normally dont do it myself) jellybean? I was told it looks like ics...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks foxkat for stepping in, I was running out of smart alecky stuff to say and not get me killed.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

OP
P

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Lmao im not on a rampage. The phones great other than that. Just new to this and lost. Was a huge improvement. I waa stuck using a droid 2 global for about 4 months...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao im not on a rampage. The phones great other than that. Just new to this and lost. Was a huge improvement. I waa stuck using a droid 2 global for about 4 months...

Welcome to the forum pheonixxx1987 BTW. I know how it is to get a new "toy" and have it fubarred from the factory or worse, by your own hand. Usually for me the first results into the latter. Outside ribbing, sometimes makes me want to reach out and touch them!!! Real hard!!!

OP
P

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum pheonixxx1987 BTW. I know how it is to get a new "toy" and have it fubarred from the factory or worse, by your own hand. Usually for me the first results into the latter. Outside ribbing, sometimes makes me want to reach out and touch them!!! Real hard!!!

Thanks. Lmao im like that with cars. My mustangs had a few moments of "well that didnt work out as planned moments". As long as i can get it good enough to shut up all my coworkers and their damn iphones

sakana

Reaction score
Basically you just need to fallow the directions in the first part of this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html

You want option 1 from the utility, and yes you will need to find a computer to do this, but its very straight forward.

On the other hand if the phone works its not totally necessary to do anything to it unless you want to upgrade to the new JellyBean as Fox mentioned. Your on the most up to date ICS right now anyway you just wont be able to get any more updates unless you use the utility to go back to stock ICS (ie .211 not the .215 your on)

OP
P

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Hey im thinking about changing my phone number and Verizon said it will trigger a factory reset. Should i be worried about that?

sakana

Reaction score
Hey im thinking about changing my phone number and Verizon said it will trigger a factory reset. Should i be worried about that?

No, just back up your phone and an FDR is no big deal.

This is from FoxKat on this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/234792-foxkat-s-razr-maxx-jelly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends-23.html

Apps to use to back up before FDR.

• SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu
  • Make sure to change the default backup location to the SD-Ext (removable SD card)
  • Call Logs Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu
  • Just like above, make sure to change the default backup location to the SD-Ext (removable SD card)
  • AppMonster by Think Android
  • Yeah, again...make sure to change the default backup location to the SD-Ext (removable SD card)

OP
P

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Figured i'd revisit this thread to say I've got all the bugs out and running cm 10.1 very successfully I might add :-D