Help. No 3G Data Phone Wont register Activation Thru Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MaDMaS, Sep 7, 2010.

1. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I need some advice/Help.

I rooted my phone a few days ago. Then I found that I was having issues with my settings saving when I would reboot My phone. Like Ring tones changing back to default.

So I decided that I would Do a Factory Reset. When I did my Factory Reset I cannot remember If I had Juice Defender Mobile Data Rooted in the off Position.

In any event. When I turned my phone on I get the green droid. Go through activation steps. It says activation Complete. However when I try to make test calls nothing. Also their is no 3G symbol in the upper right corner. I can connect via wifi. but no 3g data. Verizon says droid is activated on their end however phone does not register as active on device. and no 3G symbol

Motorola has told me they will replace and I think that I have done all that I can to restock me phone.

I'm just trying here as a last ditch effort to fix my phone without sending it back. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I am Droid 1
    About Phone:
    Base Band - C_01.43.01P
    Kernal - 2.6.32.9-g103d848
    android-build@apa26 #1
    Build Number FRG01B

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    call VZW and ask to speak with one of the tech guys. tell tehm youve had this problem in the past and you need to manually program your phone. they should give you a few codes to be able to get it working.

3. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so Much for your reply. I will certainly Try this asap. Im at work now so Ill give it a go.

so Ask for tech guys. They will know what im talking about.

This isnt like a suspicious request is it? I dont really want to tip them off to my rooting.

4. loveisdead30

loveisdead30 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the exact issue, there are links on this site to manual program your phone (the same codes that VZW will give you) ultimately I had to take it in for a replacement due to a radio issue..

make sure you flash back to 2.01 then 2.1 and they will not know the difference when you take it in.

(all links are on this site)

5. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    teh tech department or just tell them you cant get your phone to program and you need to manually do it (like you have done in the past)

6. MaDMaS

MaDMaS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IT Worked!!!!!! you guys brought me back from the brink. Thank you thank you!

Search tags for this page
activation number for 3g verizon phones
how to activate 3g data verizon droid 2

how to manually activate a verizon phone

manually activate verizon phone

verizon 3g manual programming

verizon activation number *

verizon data programming