Help! Nexus or Razr?

edddy8

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade now and I need to figure out which phone to get. I am currently using a Samsung Reality so both will be a pretty big step up.

A couple things to think about... I do drop my phone and I know that the Razr is made out of all this cool Gorilla glass and is all aluminum but will their life spans I also want a good camera/camcorder so which is better (also, do any of them feature a slow motion mode of any kind)?

Persuade me!

OP
E

edddy8

Reaction score
Mainly facebook twitter and stuff like that. I'm 18 so I probably won't use some of the features...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mainly facebook twitter and stuff like that. I'm 18 so I probably won't use some of the features...

and probably a lot of games. lol
Android knows no age :D

You'd actually be using some of the main features of the phone regardless of which phone you get. Keep in mind the razr will get ICS eventually. If you're into rooting/ROMing then the Nexus may be more your type, but again it's up to you. Head to the store and try each of them out.

OP
E

edddy8

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I probably sound dumb here... is rooting/ROMing like hacking?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I probably sound dumb here... is rooting/ROMing like hacking?

Exactly like hacking. You're not dumb for not knowing by the way :)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

OP
E

edddy8

Reaction score
So, being so new at this and all, I should probably not do anything? lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, being so new at this and all, I should probably not do anything? lol

I knew nothing about any of this when I found this forum myself. This community is pretty much as good as it gets to learn and get help along the way! Personally (Even aside from being a themer), I couldn't have an unrooted phone now since I know what it allows you to do ;)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

googlelover

Reaction score
^^ It might just be me... But shouldn't he go find youtube videos etc. AFTER he gets a new phone, and not before? Haha be ready for anything? Its taken me nearly the life of my Droid to finally find the perfect Rom with the perfect settings. Then I got a kindle fire and I forgot I had a phone xD But anyways, I would wait until you make the decision on which phone to snatch up to learn about all this rooting stuff. The phone that sounds the best for you would be either the Razr or the Nexus IMO, but go to the store and check them out in person. Thats the only way you can really decide on what you want

Maurice04

Reaction score
I just made the same choice. I was using an original Motorola Droid. Razr vs Nexus was a tough choice, but for me it came down to the Razr has an 8MP camera vs the 5MP of the Nexus. I mean really, what was Samsung thinking? If you are going to have a camera, have at least a good one. Both have excellent displays and I couldn't really see a difference in them. Both are fast processors and 4G. The Razr is thinner but a little wider, not an issue for me. Definitely go to your nearest store to get them in your hands, even if they aren't working models, to see how they fit in your hand. I have had people tell me the Razr feels strange in their hands, but I think it's just "different". I really don't think you could make a "bad" decision with either of them.
Good luck.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have played with both and I can't see how anybody wold choose the Razr over the Nexus. The Nexus is so smooth. My main thing againstthe Razr is the lack of removable battery, with 4G that is a deal breakier for me.