Help neededbwith clockworkmod

eriscrazy

Reaction score
How do I go about getting from clockwork mod green to clockwork mod red?
Can I just flash red over green or will that mess something up?

Sent from my Fascinate

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
I thinkk u can just use odin and flash over ittt

sent from my facinating facinate!

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
That's what I figured do I still need to do the update.zip part as well?

Sent from my Fascinate

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured do I still need to do the update.zip part as well?

Sent from my Fascinate

either ODIN it over or if you want you can flash a voodoo kernel and it will give you the red CWM recovery, granted you arent a noob because you will have to disable lagfix and flash a nonvoodoo kernel before reverting back to green CWM recovery through ODIN....

just curious why do you want the red CWM if u werent running voodoo kernels? there isnt really a big difference in the two....

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I thought I had a voodoo kernal it is a dirrk kernal... but now I'm thinking its not because I lost heptic and all phone vibration.

Sent from my Fascinate

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I had a voodoo kernal it is a dirrk kernal... but now I'm thinking its not because I lost heptic and all phone vibration.

Sent from my Fascinate
if you flashed a voodoo kernel on first boot it would have talked to you and said it was converting partitions etc, it also would have flashed the red voodoo recovery as well....
your sig says your running voodoo?

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
It did talk so it was a voodoo kernal I just need one that gives me hepatic and vibration back

Sent from my Fascinate

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
It did talk so it was a voodoo kernal I just need one that gives me hepatic and vibration back

Sent from my Fascinate
oh k i gotcha...are you on a DL09 build? or DJ05 build?

EDIT: nevermind, it wont matter....heres a couple links for new kernels....

since you have voodoo already installed(make sure its voodoo5) you can put these on the root of your sd card and flash through rom manager or recovery

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...doo-uv-oc1-2ghz-bln-eclair-2-6-29-6-beta.html use the RC3 voodoo obviously (overclocked to 1.2ghz)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...est-kernels-adrynalyne-voodoo-non-voodoo.html use the 1/18 voodoo (not overclocked just optimized at 1.0 ghz)

Last edited:
OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
i tryied flashing the kernal over the old one after odin flashing CWR red and i got crazy force closes... im kinda lost at what to do help meh!

and it will not let me restore my phone it keeps going back to the new kernel someone please help me!

Last edited:

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tryied flashing the kernal over the old one after odin flashing CWR red and i got crazy force closes... im kinda lost at what to do help meh!

and it will not let me restore my phone it keeps going back to the new kernel someone please help me!

Try disabling lagfix in voodoo recovery and flashing a nonvoodoo kernel....how old was the kernel u were using? Can u link me to it?

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I did not get CWR red to stick it kept going back to green and yes when I get home from work ill link the kernel for u
Sent from my Fascinate