[help needed]xt862 outside US issues

sataniceaden

Reaction score
hi guys ill need alot of help here

firstly ill explain my issues
1:running the xt862 VZW version outside the US (australia to be exact) some issues with calling features and dialing codes
2:VZW bloatware

ok so here i go with running the VZW fw i get issues using phone acces codes and getting the phone displaying messages from "not allowed" or "this feature is not supported in global roaming mode VZW"
now i have investigated some ways around this issue and the only way it can be done is by getting the global FW installed on the phone
i have tried custom roms but they still are no go because they are based on the VZW fw and all still give the same error.

what i am looking for is a xt860 fw or some other fw version for this phone that allows full global usage based on the sim(carrier)

now when i say that i have tried the custom rom my friend has done it on his d3 from verizon.

so the reason for me asking for alot of help is because one i have no idea on how to install a rom and as this is now my only phone i dont want to stuff it up
looking through all the posts there are many different ways of installing rom/fw versions
what i would like someone to do for me is basically explain it for a beginner now i have rooted my phone using 1 click root but that is as far as i got.

so if someone could point me in the right directon on FW
and then explain how i can install it (and make a backup) this would be greatly appreciated

now for my issues with bloat ware not a biggy due to freezing of the apps so im willing to do this again but by installing another FW version i shouldn't need to as the build will be different and shouldn't be needed.

Regards.
Sataniceaden

OP
S

sataniceaden

Reaction score
Ok i was hoping for a little more but ill ask a different question then
has anyone tried running Me863 on the XT862
and if so how does it work does it unlock the GSM radio and if so does it still look to VZW for updates?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can use a ROM built for another phone on a NAND locked device.

You somehow need the VZW unlock code for the SIM. Which is hard to get if you don't have an account with them.

OP
S

sataniceaden

Reaction score
thank you for the quick reply
im assuming you mean boot loader locked when you say NAND and that is a shame it would fix all of my issue

as for SIM locking that has already been removed as i purchased the phone outright through a Australian wholesaler

well there goes that choice i guess i just need to buy another phone sigh i really like the D3

thank you again

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it means locked bootloader. I wish I could be more help! Sorry!

OP
S

sataniceaden

Reaction score
no your information was helpfull and answered my question
i wish i new more about android this phone being my first one im really new to the whole process,
thank you