Help needed with a trouble free ROM

P7M8

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from Das BAMF 1.6.3 only due to a crash that rendered my main google email unusable from the device. I was able to recover with an old back up but the main account wouldn't send emails. The only issue I had with the DB 1.6.3 was no VVM.

I flashed Th3oryRom ShiftS3NS3 1.3x but my hotspot wouldn't work. I flashed the fix but it still wouldn't work. Upgraded the radio as well...

Then I flashed Gingeritis 3D VII. Now I get some kind of Talk error when I boot up.

I haven't had the time lately to keep up with the latest ROMs nor do I care to constantly upgrade every time a new one comes out. My needs are great battery life (which seemed to go down when I changed), VVM, and a good solid Hotspot.

I appreciate your help/suggestions with this...

Thx!

vince5623

Reaction score
Skyraider Zeus preview or liquid 1.4 amazing roms for stability speed and battery life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ronimous

Reaction score
Ive been having the same issues. Seems like every ROM has a deal breaker for me. I've tried almost all of them.

My needs are:
Functioning camera.
Solid non-adhoc tether that does not cause signal drop.
Good battery life.
Lots of customization.

Right now I'm on Liquid Thunderbread. Everything about it is solid except for the dreaded tethering signal drop. I've had this on both LTB and CM7. Tried different radios and kernels for both, still get signal drop. More frequent when tethering.

Issues with ROMs I've tested:
UberBamf--Very buggy, lots of things not working right yet. May retry a stable release.
Gingeritis3D--Camera doesn't work. Lots of force closes.
CM7--Constant signal drop. Particularly when tethering. Lack of online support forums. (that I could find). GPS is slow to lock.
Liquid Gingersense--Bugs caused by Sense 3.0, icons change when you reboot if they are on SD card. Can't change the lockscreen if you want to be able to answer incoming calls.
Liquid Thunderbread--Best so far, but has signal drop problems.
SkyRaider Zeus--No overclocking, need to flash a kernel. Probably should test this one more but I hate Sense.

Curious to try:
Thunderstick
MiniBamf
Synergy

OP
P

P7M8

Reaction score
I flashed Thunderstick, the updgrade and the camera fix. One thing I lost was the stock Hotspot. :angry: I've been using it free of charge.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
I flashed Thunderstick, the updgrade and the camera fix. One thing I lost was the stock Hotspot. :angry: I've been using it free of charge.

Hotspot is not free. Pay up or get booted by Vzw soon. Alot of the devs have stopped making it easy to access updates and work arounds for casual modders because of pressure from carriers. The carriers will patch all exploits that cost them money. Just enjoy the custom Roms.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Baldguy

Reaction score
I've tried every ROM once it seems. I keep coming back to Synergy. 5 Days without a battery pull and everything works....Great!! Running Synergy Nightly from 9-2-11 with DarkHorse Theme. Kernel 2.635.13 Imoseyon 3.50 GB. Works for me....