Help needed to restore my contacts

right

Reaction score
I recently lost my Droid and ordered a replacement through insurance. The new phone has just arrived and I'm hoping my contacts weren't lost. A friend told me they should be stored somewhere through Google. How do I set up my new phone to ensure I don't lose my phone contacts list? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated- I'm sitting here with my new phone but I'm scared to turn it on in case I do anything that might erase my old info. Thank you so much!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recently lost my Droid and ordered a replacement through insurance. The new phone has just arrived and I'm hoping my contacts weren't lost. A friend told me they should be stored somewhere through Google. How do I set up my new phone to ensure I don't lose my phone contacts list? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated- I'm sitting here with my new phone but I'm scared to turn it on in case I do anything that might erase my old info. Thank you so much!
You have a google account right?.. all your contacts should be synced back from your GMail acct.
Also it's a good idea to export all your contacts to your SDCard as backup... as .vcf

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You have a google phone. Just sync the phone to your gmail account and your contracts should come right back over.

Remember everything on your Droid revolves around google. Your paid apps will be in your downloads once you sign into your Google and gmail accounts.

OP
right

right

Reaction score
Yep, everything synced -- excepted I no longer get text messaging? I've tried to send texts and people have sent texts to me but I'm not sending or receiving, grrr. Shouldn't that be automatice since that's part of my plan?

htheduck

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack thread:

Are any contacts stored on the SD card? I don't use Gmail and I have synched it once just to activate the phone. Then with subsequent synchs the contacts kept duplicating, so i disabled the function. I regret it since I dropped the Droid today and it will no longer turn on! The only thing that might save me is the swap the SD card but i have not exported lately. So am i screwed for good?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack thread:

Are any contacts stored on the SD card? I don't use Gmail and I have synched it once just to activate the phone. Then with subsequent synchs the contacts kept duplicating, so i disabled the function. I regret it since I dropped the Droid today and it will no longer turn on! The only thing that might save me is the swap the SD card but i have not exported lately. So am i screwed for good?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It's only saved on the SDCard if you exported your contacts manually from your contacts menu settings.