[Help needed Please] "Package file was not signed correctly"

JDROIDS

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me. I am not a noob but I do not know how to solve this problem.

I am on Pur3ity 2.4 with ics pax. Everything has been very smooth until I recently tried to update a few roms (seems to be the ones that require root I think...eg. terminal emulator) I get the message in the market....

"Package file was not signed correctly".

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advanced.

dstreng

Reaction score
been happeining to me on many market apps. ie, google music, motoprint, rom manager

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I hope someone can help me. I am not a noob but I do not know how to solve this problem.

I am on Pur3ity 2.4 with ics pax. Everything has been very smooth until I recently tried to update a few roms (seems to be the ones that require root I think...eg. terminal emulator) I get the message in the market....

You say roms then getting an error in the market. Is it an app thats giving you the error? If so, do you have a version of that app installed that's a themed app? That may be the problem.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
J

JDROIDS

Reaction score
You say roms then getting an error in the market. Is it an app thats giving you the error? If so, do you have a version of that app installed that's a themed app? That may be the problem.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Doh! I meant apps. Not a noob...just a fool apparently. Sorry about that. :blink:

I tried clearing data in the Market and a few other things but to no avail. The main app that will not update is Superuser. I went into the Superuser app and updated the su binary to v3.0.3 which seems to be the latest but the app itself in the market still says I need an update and still gives me the "package file was not signed correctly" message when I try to update.

I don't think SU is a themed app.

I downloaded an app from the market which I stumbled upon called SU update fixer but that did not solve the problem either. I had this issue with a couple of other apps a few days ago but I can't remember which ones (I think Titanium Backup) but they all seem to be updating now except for SU.

Thank you for your responses.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Yeah, I cant see SU being a themed app. I found this on XDA. It's a year old, but they were having the same problem. The developer of SU, ChainsDD, suggested reflashing the rom. If the problem still persists after trying that, I would contact the dev of the rom you're on. They may have had to mod SU to work with the rom.

So I am having issues with installing straight from the market. I keep getting this "Package file was not signed correctly".

Do I need to uninstall the SuperUser packed with CM6 stable?

No. Something probably happened that caused old certificate to stay cached. Try reflashing CM6 Stable

RayEMan

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem when trying to install the Google Music App. [P]URITY with XOOM Pak...

EVSP

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I was having the same problem with the music app.. don't ask me how it worked but it did... I have to add this was ONLY for the music app... I don't have this "package isn't signed correctly" error with any other app when trying to do any update from the market.

Go to Titanium Backup>Backup/restore>music

Select uninstall... it will give you all kinds of warnings how you don't have backups of the app, may need to reinstall your rom if you screw it up, etc. That's fine, just do it. Then reboot your phone... once youre booted back up, go to the market and reinstall the music app and it should work fine.

Works great for me now... I can't guarantee it will work for all users, but I took a chance and it paid off for me..

Hope everything works out for you!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wizard

Reaction score
For any one who is still having any issues in this department. Use the SU update fix from the market. Run the fix then reboot your bionic. Now update the SU app via the Market (If your having the Missing "My App" issue just use the search in the market.) Ok if all has gone well at this point and SU app has been updated you can now Delete each app that needs an update (Please make sure there is a real update on the market before doing this part.) Do these one at a time and Reinstall the New version of these apps. This will correct the Bad Signature issue and get you back in line for scheduled Market updates of each of these apps.

Hope these helps.

Edit: If you are having the Missing My App issue you can down load "AppBrain App Market" this is a secondary Market and can see your installed apps and see if you need updates. I do not recommend any purchases through this application but it is wonderful for syncing for updates till we resolve the 'Missing My Apps" in the stock market.

Last edited:
OP
J

JDROIDS

Reaction score
For any one who is still having any issues in this department. Use the SU update fix from the market. Run the fix then reboot your bionic. Now update the SU app via the Market (If your having the Missing "My App" issue just use the search in the market.) Ok if all has gone well at this point and SU app has been updated you can now Delete each app that needs an update (Please make sure there is a real update on the market before doing this part.) Do these one at a time and Reinstall the New version of these apps. This will correct the Bad Signature issue and get you back in line for scheduled Market updates of each of these apps.

Hope these helps.

Edit: If you are having the Missing My App issue you can down load "AppBrain App Market" this is a secondary Market and can see your installed apps and see if you need updates. I do not recommend any purchases through this application but it is wonderful for syncing for updates till we resolve the 'Missing My Apps" in the stock market.

This worked great. I had downloaded the SU fix app but I didn't reboot before trying to update SU. Thanks so much.

hackja4fun

Reaction score
If you are having a problem with superuser updatins chainsDD has a app in the market that can correct it

edit: lol looked past the fact this was posted already