Help need to unroot for replacement

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChevyNexus, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I searched the forums an i mighta missed this thread but i cant find one that helps on this........
    Ok so I know I said this awhile ago in a thread , but now I have time to do it so here goes.

My keyboard on my Droid is coming up so much so the "f" button has completely come up. So I need to go into Verizon an see if I can get it replaced. No problem right? Well...thing is I kinda did this thing called rooting that big red frowns apon for some unknown reason. Well I'm asking for help now on how to unroot my phone so I can take it in am get it replaced. So basically I need help finding what files to remove also how to do the unrooting itself. I fallowed this guide

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613

So I made a back up I just don't know what to do. So I turn to you guys an gals for some help.

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    follow the guide in my signature. Its a step-by-step guide to rooting and unrooting. Once you do that you should be good to go.

3. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus Member

Ratings:
    +10
    sir thank you for posting that as i just did it hahah i looked alittle more an found it, thank you though im glad to know i can be helped when i need it but now i feel like an idiot for creating a pointless thread as i searched abit more an found it...thanks though.

Also do you think thats it? or should i format my sd card?

4. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Remember to save all the data you want from the SD card and then probably reformat it. I would anyways but that's me.

I would think if you take it to Verizon and someone sees all these update.zip files and a nandroid folder etc.. they may know what's up.

5. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus Member

Ratings:
    +10
    yea i formated it an didnt save my music hahaha but thats fine as its on windows media an all the apps i really want i can redownload with no promblem. so i should be good id been wanted to clean my sd card for awhile i was down to 5 gigs left anyway ha

6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    You are more than welcome and don't feel stupid. This thread could possibly help someone in the future.

As for your sd card, I do not think you need to worry about doing anything to it. You will keep your sd card when you get your replacement. If verizon sends you a replacement, then it will come without an sd card so you can just put yours in. If they give you one at the store, they will swap the sd cards. Also, they do not look at the sd card. When my husband's phone had to be replaced due to keys not working, verizon pulled the sd card out before running tests then said "yup we need to send you a new one". I was glad too because all his backups were on the sd card so once we got his replacement I was able to root it and restore one of his backups and he was thrilled.

7. Dedic761

Dedic761 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, this thread just helped me!