Help!!! Need step by step instructions on how to instal AmonRa Recovery!!!

alpinewil81

Reaction score
This is the forum I needed, a real and accurate how to. Thanks and thumbs up on this one! Worked first try!

McClellan

Reaction score
So I have followed this step by step and it isn't working for me i'm already rooted I installed clockworkmod recovery thru the app it doesn't work correctly, so I am trying to install this instead I keep getting this,"error: cannot load 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, rebooted the computer and phone. So I don't know what I am doing wrong I am really frustrated and all I really want is to update to the latest firmware without losing root can anyone help me please ?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have followed this step by step and it isn't working for me i'm already rooted I installed clockworkmod recovery thru the app it doesn't work correctly, so I am trying to install this instead I keep getting this,"error: cannot load 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, rebooted the computer and phone. So I don't know what I am doing wrong I am really frustrated and all I really want is to update to the latest firmware without losing root can anyone help me please ?

What exactly are you trying? looks like "fastboot flash boot recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" did you make sure that the recovery image was in the same directory? Even if you lose root(which you will with the OTA), you can always re-root via AmonRa.

McClellan

Reaction score
I am trying to install amon ra so I can reinstall root after I update. Yes all the files are in the right directories.

OP
F

fobpartisan

Reaction score
I am trying to install amon ra so I can reinstall root after I update. Yes all the files are in the right directories.

I was getting the same error message because the .img file was written incorrect. Go back to page two n copy n paste exactly how it is written. Also make sure your htc sync drivers are updated.

Last edited:

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I have updated the drivers and done everything else in this thread and all I get is cannot load "recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img"

****Unlocked****
Vigor PVT Ship

Fastboot USB is showing

I get the same damn error every time.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I was hoping someone might be able to assist me. I am in the process of rootung my rezound and I am at the stage were I need to flash recovery. So, I have unlocked bootloader. I am in fastboot (fastbootusb in white text with red background). In command prompt, i am currently trying to run

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img

I receive the message

unknown partition 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img3-gnm.img' error: cannot determine image filename for 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img3-gnm.img'

I have tried inputting a slew of different commands but still get error messages. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
1mo

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I was hoping someone might be able to assist me. I am in the process of rootung my rezound and I am at the stage were I need to flash recovery. So, I have unlocked bootloader. I am in fastboot (fastbootusb in white text with red background). In command prompt, i am currently trying to run

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img

I receive the message

unknown partition 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img3-gnm.img' error: cannot determine image filename for 'recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img3-gnm.img'

I have tried inputting a slew of different commands but still get error messages. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
1mo

Your command is proper...Have you tried re-downloading the file? Also it would help if you stuck to one thread. You're posting all over and it does make it hard to offer concise advice when we're not sure where exactly you are in the process...

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Looks like there was an issue with the filename you typed; copy/paste this command in your prompt

fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img